Asm(prgmASM)

Program text:
:Asm84CEPrgm
:FD7E08EE02FD7708C9
:FDCB24DEC9
:FDE12EE01FD7712C9
:FDCB00AEC9
:FD360A0CC9

When I run the program (using the Asm( function, as mentioned above) it pops up with ERROR: SYNTAX.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? This is my first time running an assembly program, and there is no shell.

Data taken from [2nd][mem]►About:
TI-84PlusCE
PROD #: 13-07-0C00
ID: 13001-B5D19
You need to use the AsmComp( command, first, before you run it.
Otherwise, it errors at the AsmPrgm token, as that is not a BASIC command.

Also, welcome to Cemetech! Perhaps introduce yourself here!
VØRT3X wrote:

Program text:
:Asm84CEPrgm
:FD7E08EE02FD7708C9
:FDCB24DEC9
:FDE12EE01FD7712C9
:FDCB00AEC9
:FD360A0CC9
When I run the program (using the Asm( function, as mentioned above) it pops up with ERROR: SYNTAX.

I do not know what this does, but if this hex-code is from a monochrome calculator (non-color), this will not work. If that's not the case, make sure you have typed everything correctly.

And welcome to Cemetech! Very Happy
You have an odd number of hexadecimals, that would indeed not work Razz
Thank you Battlesquid, I received this directly from tibasicdev.wikidot.com
Direct Website: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/84cse:hexcodes
Anything I did wrong? Or is my reference just that much wrong? xD
I think you need

Code:
FD7E08EE02FD7708C9
FDCB24DEC9
FD7E12EE01FD7712C9
FDCB00AEC9
FD360A0CC9
instead, it gives normal code Wink
VØRT3X wrote:
Thank you Battlesquid, I received this directly from tibasicdev.wikidot.com
Direct Website: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/84cse:hexcodes
Anything I did wrong? Or is my reference just that much wrong? xD

I already knew it was from the TIBD, but I didn't see it in the CSE section. I assumed it was from the 83+ section Very Happy
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
You need to use the AsmComp( command, first, before you run it.
Otherwise, it errors at the AsmPrgm token, as that is not a BASIC command.

Also, welcome to Cemetech! Perhaps introduce yourself here!

When I try and use the AsmComp( token, I recieve an ERROR: ARGUMENT instead of the syntax one I received before.
Here:
run this on home screen:

Code:
AsmComp(prgmASM,prgmASM2

Then, to run program do

Code:
Asm(prgmASM2

AsmComp takes a second input, (iirc) the output program destination. If the program does not exist, it creates it.

I clearly do not know what I am doing. Cool

Did you put the Asm84CEPrgm in the front of PT_'s hex? (and make sure it's a token. If you typed it using lowercase and whatnot, it will not work.)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Here:
run this on home screen:

Code:
AsmComp(prgmASM,prgmASM2

Then, to run program do

Code:
Asm(prgmASM2

AsmComp takes a second input, (iirc) the output program destination. If the program does not exist, it creates it.

I clearly do not know what I am doing. Cool

Lol, I tried it and came up with the same error Laughing
Okay, enter this code in the program editor:

Code:
Asm84CEPrgm
FD7E08EE02FD7708
FDCB24DE
FD7E12EE01FD7712
FDCB00AE
FD360A0CC9

This code does all the things you want to do at the same time. If you want them individually, place a "C9" at the end of each line (except the last one Razz) and remove the other lines.
PT_ wrote:

Code:
Asm84CEPrgm
FD7E08EE02FD7708
FDCB24DE
FD7E12EE01FD7712
FDCB00AE
FD360A0CC9

This code does all the things you want to do at the same time. If you want them individually, place a "C9" at the end of each line (except the last one Razz) and remove the other lines.

I am still coming up with a syntax error Sad Is the issue because I am placing this in the program editor, and assembly cannot be coded within the program editor? Or is it simply because my calculator hates me?
VØRT3X wrote:
PT_ wrote:

Code:
Asm84CEPrgm
FD7E08EE02FD7708
FDCB24DE
FD7E12EE01FD7712
FDCB00AE
FD360A0CC9

I am still coming up with a syntax error Sad Is the issue because I am placing this in the program editor, and assembly cannot be coded within the program editor? Or is it simply because my calculator hates me?

It definitely can be done in the program editor. You are doing something wrong. Remember, Asm84CEPrgm and Asm( and prgm are tokens, you don't type those in, you grab them from the catalog. That might be your issue.
Okay not sure why it worked now, but I created an entirely new program and it worked.

All right, I used a text difference displayer, turns out one of my functions were wrong... :FC0A instead of :FDCB00AE
Must have deleted it on accident once xD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours