It took a major crash, and for about 2 day, if I turned the calc on, the calc would turn right back off (and I checked for everything, btw, you could tell the screen turned on then off). Eventually, I got it to RAM reset and all was fine.
Yikes! Surprised How did you manage the RAM clear? Strategic battery pull?
On + Clear when putting in batteries.
rivereye wrote:
On + Clear when putting in batteries.

Really? I didn't know that ram cleared. Well, at least you got it fixed. What was the problem with DCS? Something to do with turning the calc on/off from within the shell?
no, it was some folder thing. I think Kerm has addressed it by now (and if he didn't, he needs a bullet in the head).
rivereye wrote:
no, it was some folder thing. I think Kerm has addressed it by now (and if he didn't, he needs a bullet in the head).
Razz The moment you told me about it, as a matter of fact.
5.8.2. New scroll looks nice, program icons no longer smear when scrolling, good things, properties menu work. Link menu works (have yet to test it with someone), mouse speed increased significantly, wow major improvments. Bug, pressing down on the menu button causes link window to show. Having problems getting out of text box in the Hello! window (Dont wanna keep pulling batteries out and putting them in), help please.
Yeah, that "bug" is an internal debug tool for the GUI that I accidentally left enabled in the beta. It triggers any time the DCS Menu is closed.
First bug I found, the calc sometimes freezes whenever I scroll down to the end of my programs.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, that "bug" is an internal debug tool for the GUI that I accidentally left enabled in the beta. It triggers any time the DCS Menu is closed.

Your "bug" cleared my entire archive space including my contest entry! Mad
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Clears your archive!? Yikes...
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Erm, it shouldn't really freeze anything. Just click the Next>> and then Cancel or [power] buttons to quit back to the desktop...
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Rules of thumb to follow:

1) When testing a beta of a program, test on another calc away from projects, or on an emulator.

2) Always do a back up of your calc using TI-Connect's Backup system.

Something you should remember for the future... Wink
Definitely. I'm very sorry that your archive got cleared (Crying), but yeah, TI-Freak8x has a good point.
Shock Ok, I just discovered that it did not clear my archive, but it overwrote some form of filekeeping the TIOS used. I cleared my ram and all my programs magically appeared Surprised
Harq wrote:
Shock Ok, I just discovered that it did not clear my archive, but it overwrote some form of filekeeping the TIOS used. I cleared my ram and all my programs magically appeared Surprised

Did you have them hidden? (does DCS have that function like MirageOS does?)
Harq wrote:
Yeeah, I actually just found out what caused that. It should be fixed in all future version.
5.8.3, major menu delay when closing, rebounce to alpha when clicking "X", Link menu seems to have been removed, loved the startup screen thing, hopes its as stable as 5.8.1 (means no crashes). 5.8.2 was very buggy for me, like garbled text appearing on the screen and my calc freezing up daily, not cool. But hey it'll get better, trying to convince some of my friends to give it time.
Amdkillsintel wrote:
5.8.3, no bugs so far, Link menu seems to have been removed, loved the startup screen thing, hopes its as stable as 5.8.1. 5.8.2 was buggy for me, like garbled text appearing on the screen and my calc freezing up daily.
The garbled text was due to Cn2 network debugging being enabled by default (hehe...oops). I had a bunch of flags wrong on 5.8.2, but 5.8.3 seems to be correctly flagged.
KermMartian wrote:
Amdkillsintel wrote:
5.8.3, no bugs so far, Link menu seems to have been removed, loved the startup screen thing, hopes its as stable as 5.8.1. 5.8.2 was buggy for me, like garbled text appearing on the screen and my calc freezing up daily.
The garbled text was due to Cn2 network debugging being enabled by default (hehe...oops). I had a bunch of flags wrong on 5.8.2, but 5.8.3 seems to be correctly flagged.
Yep no more text. Oh and btw some of my friends say games like Phoenix and Fast Tunnel run slower in Doors than in Mirage, Fast Tunnel seems a little faster in Mirage. I told them that Doors is like twice of big in archive size.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours