Switchblade wrote:
That looks amazing! Is this for the CSE?

Nope! It's written in ICE for the CE

I might port it to the CSE once i'm done... it will be REALLY slow though Razz
This looks really nice! The text is somewhat blurry, do you have the ability to change that or so? Smile
Another Screenshot:

Added rooms 3 and 4 (and the room number shows in the top left Razz ) And added the outermost boundaries in all of those rooms'
For anyone who hasnt played this game before, here is the complete map of the first town (Tantegel) here it is:

PT_ wrote:
This looks really nice! The text is somewhat blurry, do you have the ability to change that or so? Smile

That is because of my 128x120 sprite (that i scale x2)... i can have it be full sized, it would just take up way too much space, lmao
~give Battlesquid CE nag
~give Battlesquid's parent's CE nag

This is really coming along! How much would you say is complete? (not to be impatient or anything Very Happy)
Keep up the kewl work!
Battlesquid wrote:

This is really coming along! How much would you say is complete? (not to be impatient or anything Very Happy)
Keep up the kewl work!

Like 5% 😂😂

More progress, and i added the map

To-do List:
*Make a way to draw the 16x16 sprites on-calc (luv ya CalcMeister)
*Devise a method for drawing each screen and the transitions

*Add the whole map and each town (like 5-10% done)
*hardcode the boundaries for each screen (5% done)

*add menu options (accessed using the function buttons)
*add player stats and items
*add enemy encounters and fighting
*other stuff that i cant remember right now
Great work so far! It is looking really nice indeed Smile What do you have left to implement and do? Todo lists are always nice Smile
Dont you mean it looks really nICE?! *hides* Smile

I love the speed of it and the rate at which you are progressing as well Smile.
Wow, this definitely looks nICE! Very Happy I'm surprised that one can actually make this in ICE, but hey, it works Wink Keep up the great work!
A little update on progress:

To-do List:
*Implement Saving {thank you PT_ for GetBASICVar( and SetBASICVar(}
*Add opening menu with option to either continue game or start new game
*add the physical menu options (accessed using the function buttons)(they mostly do nothing as of yet)

*Add the whole map and each town (like 5-10% done)
*add menu options (accessed using the function buttons)
--in game save menu (the keypresses work, but the menu wont draw right Surprised)
*other stuff that i cant remember right now
Pieman7373 wrote:
--in game save menu (the keypresses work, but the menu wont draw right Surprised)

Contragulations, you have just discovered a new bug in ICE! Very Happy It is because of your Lbl name, that label is called "SAVE", but you already have another label "SAVEKEY", and "Goto SAVE" actually jumps to "SAVEKEY" for whatever reason Razz Please rename "SAVE" for now.
PT_ wrote:
Pieman7373 wrote:

Contragulations, you have just discovered a new bug in ICE! Very Happy It is because of your Lbl name, that label is called "SAVE", but you already have another label "SAVEKEY", and "Goto SAVE" actually jumps to "SAVEKEY" for whatever reason Razz Please rename "SAVE" for now.

OMG Thank you

Edit:
EXCEPT IT STILL DOESNT WORK :'(
and i sorta broke saving..... so, more tears...........
I'm honestly quite impressed how far this has gotten only in ICE. Keep up the good work!
CalcMeister wrote:
I'm honestly quite impressed how far this has gotten only in ICE. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I am happy to make you proud Razz <3

I added 2 more rooms, and the menu options and stuff
And, the first screen is really broken (i have no idea why, but the sprite wont draw correctly)
(those black squares in room 7 will be chests eventually)
This is looking great, Pieman! Wow, I'm really impressed with the detail you put into it Very Happy I look forward to more screenshots
MoonBeam wrote:
This is looking great, Pieman! Wow, I'm really impressed with the detail you put into it Very Happy I look forward to more screenshots

Thank you!!! Very Happy <3
This looks really cool, Pieman! Smile I can't wait to see it completed!
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
This looks really cool, Pieman! Smile I can't wait to see it completed!

Thanks! I have another screenshot to upload later, and i am excited for it Smile
Made some more progress:

To-do List:
*Add opening menu with option to either continue game or start new game
*add the physical menu options (accessed using the function buttons)(they mostly do nothing as of yet)
*Implement saving (saving works, i broke loading)

*add the first town (75% done)
*Add the whole map (like 5% done)
*add menu options (accessed using the function buttons)(1 of 3 added)
*fix loading a save

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours