Is it possible to directly access and modify the AppVars that are archived? My plan is to have a matrix of 'units' where each line represents a matrix containing the locations and quantities of different troops.

Code:

Matrix 1
{0,1,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,2,0,0,0,1,0,0}
Matrix 2
{1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0}

For example the matricies from the first code block would produce the map below, where letter 'a' represents a single troop from matrix 1, and 'A' represents 2 troops from matrix 1, and 'b' is a single troop from matrix 2.

Code:

b,a,_,_
b,A,_,_
b,A,_,_
b,a,_,_

I plan on having more than just 2 troop types, and have troops stack up to 5 of each type per tile. I need to know if I can access and modify these matrices directly from the AppVar, or if i need to load them into memory before i can read and modify them. I will be making constant changes to the matrices (since they are how I plan to load and draw the sprites).

PS: This is for an upcoming project. I don't have a name for it yet, but it will have 2 parts to it. 1 will be the actual program, and 2 will be a step-by-step document that will explain how I made the program, with the purpose of teaching how to program in z80 asm.
Access: yes. Modify: no, it has to be unarchived. If it's not huge (maybe 5KB+), just making sure it's unarchived should be a fine solution.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours