The work you are doing is incredible and will make so many peoples math class a little less boring Wink I cannot wait until this (or even an alpha or beta) is released! I am a huge fan of gameboy games and older gaming systems in general, and having a gameboy emulator on my calculator would be incredible! Thank you for all the hard work and keep it up!
Keep the work up!

The sheer fact that this is working is incredible! Very Happy
The speed would be incredible even as a standalone game! Keep it up!
Any word on the progress made on this? I know you probably don't like the requests, but this will be AWESOME in school when it comes out, so I'm very excited! Very Happy
I've uploaded another TI-Boy CE preview, this time featuring Galaga! Also showing off some new features like display scaling, save states, and turbo mode.

I think I'm getting fairly close to a release, but I'll have to guesstimate Spring 2018 to be safe. Smile
The amount of progress this has made is amazing. I figured that it had just died off, and I am so happy it is going well for you. Good luck on finishing it up! Good Idea
Wow, that looks really cool! Good work!
Out of curiosity, why didn't you use CEmu? I would've thought it'd make this project easier to accomplish, and recording the screen would be much better. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Wow, that looks really cool! Good work!
Out of curiosity, why didn't you use CEmu? I would've thought it'd make this project easier to accomplish, and recording the screen would be much better. Smile

Oh, I definitely use CEmu for development. In fact, along the way my development forced CEmu to become more accurate, heh.

As for recording, there's not really much point if you don't see it on a real calculator, in my opinion.
That looks really amazing!! The first thing I noticed was the speed. It looks so smooth, and fast. No scrolly glitches and whatever. Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but what language is this written in? (I never saw it, so...)

(I also think that CEmu might cause unnecessary glitches, so, recording it on calc is better, in my opinion)
jcgter777 wrote:
That looks really amazing!! The first thing I noticed was the speed. It looks so smooth, and fast. No scrolly glitches and whatever. Forgive me if this has been mentioned, but what language is this written in? (I never saw it, so...)

(I also think that CEmu might cause unnecessary glitches, so, recording it on calc is better, in my opinion)

It's written in pure eZ80 assembly! Though honestly, this project started before any other languages were really accessible. Not that I'd probably have used anything other than assembly anyway; the optimizer inside me wouldn't stand for it!
Looks great! Smile How long do you think until it is released on Cemetech?
That's a pretty fast refresh rate. Quick question: Will people be able to make games for it or the games are set in the program?
mets11rap wrote:
That's a pretty fast refresh rate. Quick question: Will people be able to make games for it or the games are set in the program?

No, it's an emulator. If you write your own game boy homebrew you should in theory be able to run it.
Legoman314 wrote:
Looks great! Smile How long do you think until it is released on Cemetech?

Given how life and stuff goes, I'm not entirely sure, but I think it should be doable to get it out sometime in Spring at this point. (If not earlier, that is, but I'm not holding my breath.)

mets11rap wrote:

Yeah, as Mateo said, if you made a homebrew ROM for the Game Boy it should (theoretically) be runnable in the emulator. If it can't run, then that's a problem on my side of things that'll have to be fixed, of course.

As a matter of fact, the one homebrew ROM I ever made broke pretty badly in my emulator when I first tried it, so that helped me improve overall compatibility a bit.
Looks unreal!

You are anticipating this to run the majority of game at full speed when scaled, or will it largely depend on the title? Do you have a game compatibility list from what you have tested thus far?
I miss all the good stuff Razz

Looks awesome! I can see this is a way more ambitious project than any of the other TI-Boys for the other calculators. This is sure to make all my classmates jealous! As far as the "scaling options", are fullscreen and GB border the only options? That looks similar to Super Game Boy.
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looks unreal!

You are anticipating this to run the majority of game at full speed when scaled, or will it largely depend on the title? Do you have a game compatibility list from what you have tested thus far?

I do need to widen my testing a little bit from this point on, I suppose. Not all games run at fullspeed depending on what hardware features they use (I do include frameskip options to help out, which makes more games fullspeed but not necessarily as smooth).

JWinslow23 wrote:
I miss all the good stuff Razz

Looks awesome! I can see this is a way more ambitious project than any of the other TI-Boys for the other calculators. This is sure to make all my classmates jealous! As far as the "scaling options", are fullscreen and GB border the only options? That looks similar to Super Game Boy.

It's also possible to have the 1:1 scale with just a black border. I might look into adding real Super Game Boy functionality at some point, but that would just complicate things for now so I'll wait.
Whoa, this is awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product! Also, a few quick questions. How do you upload the ROMs to the calculator? Are you going to upload some TI-Boy CE betas on GitHub, or maybe on here? I'd love to test it.

Anyways, I know it'll take a while to finish, sorry if this is a bit bothersome. Smile
NoaxPrime wrote:
How do you upload the ROMs to the calculator?

You use a provided computer program to convert a .gb file to a collection of .8xv (appvar) files, which you send to the calculator. (This is different from old incarnations of TI-Boy where the full ROM and a copy of the emulator were stored in an application.)
Runer112 wrote:
NoaxPrime wrote:
How do you upload the ROMs to the calculator?

A computer tool converts a .gb file to a collection of .8xv (appvar) files, which you send to the calculator. (This is different from old incarnations of TI-Boy where the full ROM and a copy of the emulator were stored in an application.)

Wow, that's pretty neat! Very Happy I wonder if you could do the same with NES ROMs, there could be an NES emulator for calculators, too. Maybe even SNES?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours