tr1p1ea wrote:
I'm not sure direct linking to ROM websites is within board rules? When you consider the grey nature of their legality.

I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but I've always thought that a site is not liable for users posting copyrighted content, so long as they authorize requests to take down the content from the copyright holder.
But once again, this might not be true, or might only be partially true.
Happy 1000th post Womp!
I ended up taking a longer break from working on TI-Boy than expected, but upon continuing I found the motivation to add a feature I originally planned to defer to a future release: save file compression!

I also wrote a blog post with more juicy technical details: https://calc84maniac.github.io/tiboyce/progress/2018/05/18/progress-update-save-file-management.html
Yay! More reason to spam this thread with "Release?" Razz

Nice progress though.
xMarminq_ wrote:
Happy 1000th post Womp!

Thanks! I get to pick a custom rank now 0x5
Nice choice? Razz
I found a bug on your website (sort of), when you click on the links on the side of to page, the links go bold to show you have clicked on them, but this doesn't work on the "Blog" link.
It's been a long journey, but we're finally here. The first release!

You can download the release from GitHub.

And thanks to Adriweb, the ROM-to-AppVar converter can be used directly from your browser!

I also uploaded a new video with footage from a few games:

Enjoy!
Oh yes. It's a really amazing news Very Happy
I was waiting for this release, thanks for your job calc84maniac Wink

I found an issue.
Color doesn't work Sad
I converted the Pokemon Or (French version), with the webbrowser app, then I put them in my calc.
I launched the rom, but it's in grayscale, not in color. But, in the option menu, in Graphics Options, the Palette selection is on default Sad
it look amazing can't wait to try it out
Ti64CLi++ wrote:
I found an issue.
Color doesn't work Sad
I converted the Pokemon Or (French version), with the webbrowser app, then I put them in my calc.
I launched the rom, but it's in grayscale, not in color. But, in the option menu, in Graphics Options, the Palette selection is on default Sad

That might not be a glitch, I use the same game database as the Game Boy Color when determining default palettes. If it's not in the database it uses grayscale by default. I might put something in the FAQ about this later.
calc84maniac wrote:
It's been a long journey, but we're finally here. The first release!

Oooh today is the wrong day to not have access to a computer. I can’t wait to try this out!!!
I'm so glad to see Ti Boy CE finally released! It was a long wait, but I can comfortably say that it was worth it. Thanks Calc84, and I can't wait to see what you may accomplish with GBC Support in the future. P.S I'm reposting this from the Cemetech chat, so that it doesn't get lost forever.
OldNewTimer wrote:
Make sure you own a copy of the game if you're planning on getting ROMs from there. Cemetech doesn't encourage piracy Neutral

So does this mean that if I don't own any gameboy games, I cannot (legally) download their ROM's? Sad
Legoman314 wrote:
OldNewTimer wrote:
Make sure you own a copy of the game if you're planning on getting ROMs from there. Cemetech doesn't encourage piracy Neutral

So does this mean that if I don't own any gameboy games, I cannot download their ROM's? Sad

No, it means since technically we are a part of the universe and we own ourselves, we technically own everything in the universe so therefore you already own those gameboy games.
Woot! Amazing work as always Calc84 Smile.

Will be testing this out very thoroughly when I get home!

Love the speed, what was your biggest technical challenge that you can think of?
Hey I've finished the video!
I just got to play with it a little bit, and the first thing I have to say is the emulator menu is beautiful! The whole thing works flawlessly for me so far, keep up the amazing work!!! Very Happy
Running GBC games causes a bit of color distortion, most notably yellow.

Good work tho.
Game Boy Color games aren't supported. Whatever game you're playing is really an original Game Boy game that would have that basic palette applied to it if you played it on a Game Boy Color. If you dislike the default palette for the game, you can change it in the graphics options.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours