NoaxPrime wrote:
Runer112 wrote:
NoaxPrime wrote:
How do you upload the ROMs to the calculator?

A computer tool converts a .gb file to a collection of .8xv (appvar) files, which you send to the calculator. (This is different from old incarnations of TI-Boy where the full ROM and a copy of the emulator were stored in an application.)

Wow, that's pretty neat! Very Happy I wonder if you could do the same with NES ROMs, there could be an NES emulator for calculators, too. Maybe even SNES?

ROMs are just processor instructions represented as data, and appvars are a way of storing data. It's not the ROM itself that is hard to get onto the calc, but an emulator to read and execute the instructions stored in it. Because the NES, SNES, and GameBoy do not use the same processor, you would need to use a different emulator for each.

As far as how feasible these emulators would be, I am no expert on consoles or emulators, but the GameBoy's processor seems to be similar to the calculator's processor, which would mean that it would be more difficult to make an emulator for NES and SNES.
So, I am way exited for this, and it looks like it is coming along great, but, I was wondering, will it have the gameboy games on it already, or will I have to download them separately? looks great!!!
john35588 wrote:
So, I am way exited for this, and it looks like it is comeing along great, but, I was wondering, will it have the gameboy games on it allready, or will I have to download them seperately? looks great!!!

I'm sure there'll be a few samples, but you can also convert GB ROMS to 8xvs using a computer tool:).

Check your spelling, please. It's annoying to see that many typos Wink
I am waiting for the release. How is TI Boy CE coming along?
P.S. I am a new user, but I am interested in getting a game boy emulator on my TI 84 CE. I have it for my TI 84 Plus SE
MinecraftPS4 wrote:
I am waiting for the release. How is TI Boy CE coming along?
P.S. I am a new user, but I am interested in getting a game boy emulator on my TI 84 CE. I have it for my TI 84 Plus SE

Welcome to Cemetech!

If you look at the previous posts, you'll find that a lot of progress has been made on TI-Boy CE. It only remains to finish it up. IIRC, it'll be released at the end of this school year. (May, I think)
A little off topic but

KermMartian wrote:
This is incredible work as always, calc84; I'm thrilled you have gotten far enough to share it now! Between this and Prizoop, users of modern color-screen graphing calculators everywhere now will get to emulate Gameboy games!

Don't forget NESpire, gbc4nspire and the gameboy advance emulator for nspire
Will there be a way to turn off the game boy background thing? i don't want to waste half of my screen to show how the gameboy looks lol.
Bop It Freak wrote:
Will there be a way to turn off the game boy background thing? i don't want to waste half of my screen to show how the gameboy looks 0x5.

Yes.
Bop It Freak wrote:
Will there be a way to turn off the game boy background thing? i don't want to waste half of my screen to show how the gameboy looks 0x5.

Yes, there will be a full screen mode.
You can see the option to turn off the skin in his video right here.
I see that people have said that this is looking to be released at the end of the school year (end of may-ish) Is there a beta program?
I whipped up a quick website for TI-Boy CE, nothing too special yet but it'll be nice to have when I release the emulator. I may eventually (after release) write a series of blog posts about TI-Boy's design, if anyone's interested.

Check out the site here! https://calc84maniac.github.io/tiboyce/

Arodd2000 wrote:
I see that people have said that this is looking to be released at the end of the school year (end of may-ish) Is there a beta program?

The release will be the beta (or really alpha). I never said end of May though, just Spring in general. Which could be rather soon, depending on how much free time I have to work on putting in the finishing touches...
This is fantastic. I love the website layout Very Happy
The fact that this is possible is amazing. Technology is such a blessing and a curse (but more of a blessing). I see that many people are saying to use a computer tool to convert ROMs to 8xvs. Are there any examples? (i.e. links to the websites) Smile
I have used the previous one, at least for TI-Boy CSE, it was a commandprompt-like program, and you basically dragged the rom file into it, and it would create the .8xp.
Would this run from APPS or PRGM? Just wondering because I thought that you couldn't make apps for the CE until I saw Cesium do that
At least during development, it's been a program. And there's really little reason to make applications for the CE, so I expect it may remain a program.
<poke> Don't mean to be annoying but is there any progress??? </poke>
I would like to get ready and find some fun games, and I was wondering what website is the most reliable for the game ROMs.

Edit by admin: removed links to ROMs. In most countries it's illegal to share/download ROMs, so it's a bad idea to link to them here at Cemetech.
Make sure you own a copy of the game if you're planning on getting ROMs from there. Cemetech doesn't encourage piracy Neutral
I'm not sure direct linking to ROM websites is within board rules? When you consider the grey nature of their legality.

Also this thread is about emulation, not so-much on how to source ROM's to emulate per-se.

I believe calc84 stated that he wanted an initial release soon - I'm sure we are all super excited to see what's in store! Very Happy.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 13
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours