Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
calc84maniac wrote:
Pighit wrote:
Not meaning to be annoying, but is Game Boy Color support still a possibility after you sort out the game boy issues? I expect it would take a long time to implement such a thing, so are you even still considering it?

It's definitely still on the table, though as I've stated before, I want to get the original Game Boy emulation as polished as I can before trying to graft more functionality onto it. I'm currently working on performance and accuracy improvements; it's slow-going but it is what it is. I consider this essential to set the stage for GBC support because the GBC's processor can run twice as fast as the original GB.

RogerWilco wrote:
I have seen that some GameBoy games that support the SGB pallets do get colors, but I've only seen some games that I know for a fact support them have them implemented. Smile

Actually, those are the palettes selected when the game is inserted into a GBC (though of course, only a certain subset of games are in the GBC's internal database).

Super Game Boy palettes are a bit more sophisticated, since they can be changed by the game while it's running and use different palettes in different areas of the screen. At some point I think it would be nice if I added a limited subset of SGB features.

Ok, cool! I never knew that. Thanks for the info Very Happy
I should say, congrats on the release + FEATURE!

Very sad that there are only 3 comments - get to ticalc people!

(Is it in the Cemetech archives? If so, review it people!)
Awesome job, Calc84Maniac! I have downloaded both this and the 83+SE version and have nothing but praise for the project. To be able to get something like this running - AT ALL - on such limited hardware is just incredible, and the performance is unbelievable!

In all honesty, it was tinkerers and modders like you that got me interested in programming and kept me motivated to learn over the years, keep up the good work and optomization wizzardry!
I just made a minor bugfix release to support the changed hardware in new calculator models (Revision M). If you have a new calculator and have been experiencing a hang when loading ROMs, please update to this version.

Edit: Made a fix to the bugfix thanks to jacobly, TI-Boy was behaving oddly when it was run after running the Python app. Please redownload if you've encountered this issue.

Check it out here: https://calc84maniac.github.io/tiboyce/releases/2019/08/24/alpha-v0-1-3-released.html
Congratulations and thanks Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 9 of 9
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours