I've been working on loads of programs recently. Cool Early this week, I created a revolutionary all basic text editor. No. It didn't use the lame input command. It used the graphscreen and small font! I quite properly named it the AFK text editor (away from keyboard). Next, I designed a state of the art 16*16 sprite maker, that gave a hex string of the sprite. It was optimized for designing DCS6 icons. I was positive it should be packaged with DCS7. Next, I started an amazing sidescroller with stunning graphics using xLib. Last, but not least, I started to make another program - I don't remember what it was - that used the DCS gui. To top off the week, I made a mistake with the syntax and - you guessed it - reset the ram.

I immediately began a much nicer sprite editor using the DCS gui. This particular sprite editor could make either 8*8 or 16*16 sprites. When you ran the program, it asked you which size to make. It was a dream to use, with awesome graphics. I also started to make a calculator (I know, right?!) that looked like the windows calculator and used the DCS gui. I finally started to make a third sprite editor that didn't use the DCS gui, and it had amazing graphics. To celebrate, I made another stupid mistake (I tried to make a xLib rectangle of the visible screen), and reset the ram.

So once again, I started making a fourth sprite editor. I currently have the title screen almost done, and it is incredible. I hope to finish it soon.

Here is what I learned this week: Always backup your programs, either to archive or the computer!!!
Wow, you've been busy! Do you think you could finish Doors CE while you're at it? Razz

Switchblade wrote:
I also started to make a calculator (I know, right?!) that looked like the windows calculator and used the DCS gui.

Shock whoa! Do you mean something like this cool project?

And yes, backing up you calculator once a month is a good idea Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Switchblade wrote:
I also started to make a calculator (I know, right?!) that looked like the windows calculator and used the DCS gui.

Shock whoa! Do you mean something like this cool project?
f

Whoa, that is a cool project! No, I meant a single program that looked similar to the Windows 7 calculator. Smile
TheLastMillennial wrote:

And yes, backing up you calculator once a month is a good idea Smile

Is twice daily (per location, and there are 2 locations. One backup is NEVER enough) paranoid?

I also never delete old backups (too lazy), so fully 1/512 of the storage on my computer (which is mostly on external disks, I found rather quickly that 128 gigs is not enough) is calc backups.

I have 4 terabytes of storage, there was a sale...

Nice project btw.
I am also working on a grayscale (axe) Microsoft edge browser trick to make people login with their gmail password.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours