What genre would you like the next contest to be in? Then elaborate.
Strategy
 35%  [ 6 ]
Platformer/sidescroller/arcade
 35%  [ 6 ]
3d
 5%  [ 1 ]
Puzzle (just did this so probably not)
 5%  [ 1 ]
RPG
 17%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

OK, I thought it would be good to start gathering ideas for the next Cemetech Contest early. Remember, the contests are all basic contests. No libs or anything (I suppose something to unarchive and such would work, but i doubt we would have something THAT big).

P.S. I think it would be cool to have a bi monthly contest (every 2 months).
that would be cool, I think we should go outside calcs also, for exampl, different images or something that could be done. Just ideas though.
*bump* More people vote!
yes please do, this can be a lot of fun for us to do this summer.
I voted platformer/sidescroller, but strategy would also be good.
I voted platformer. The only thing I'd really be against is RPG. That would take a really long time to make. Not really good for contests. I imagine 3d would be the same way.
foamy3 wrote:
I voted platformer. The only thing I'd really be against is RPG. That would take a really long time to make. Not really good for contests. I imagine 3d would be the same way.
Yeah, I think you're right, we have to keep in mind the time frame we're looking at.
well, we could do just engine making, no story line, or give them an engine and make a short story line or something.
Strategy is ahead, yay! Very Happy
I haven't seen a strategy contest in ages. that gets my vote.
Oh yeah, we need to think of prizes for the contests too (we can't dish out custom titles forever, most of the main users have them already. But userbars work.). Also, I think you still need to make getting into the 1337 harder than jsut winning (although once it gets more publisized, it will be hard to win Cool ).

I really hope strategy wind Wink
you are not gaurenteed into the Elite, but you are an apprentice (or at least I think that is how it is working). Basically winning skips some of the hoops to get that far, but you make a good point.
how about a point system. For instance a contest can earn you points based on your placing and the difficulty of the contest. Once you get X points you become an apprentice, and when you reach Y points you become full 1337? It seems to me like a good way to increase participation in such things.
that might be an interesting idea.
Might be a tad difficult to implement though.
I am really wondering who voted for 3d...
Kuro wrote:
how about a point system. For instance a contest can earn you points based on your placing and the difficulty of the contest. Once you get X points you become an apprentice, and when you reach Y points you become full 1337? It seems to me like a good way to increase participation in such things.
That sounds like a superb idea! All we need is to decide on point levels for each status, since we already have a point system for judging the entries.
that would work, I think it is more of a thing for Jpez and yourself to talk on though more than anyone really.
Sure, that makes sense. I'll let him know about this thread.
Hey, what about a Shooter game? Who was it that wrote the bullet program, anyway? Maybe using that.... ok, I'll shut up about that now.

I can't program graphics in BASIC worth anything, so I probably won't be entering the contest, but it WOULD be nice to see a strategy game.....

Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours