14%  [ 1 ]
Windows Internet Explorer
 14%  [ 1 ]
iOS App (Custom Browser with HTML)
 42%  [ 3 ]
Linux (HTML)
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

People who cannot see tend to not use the internet. (in the normal sense, I know what you mean.)

Also, could you cite that specific part of the law?

[edit]
I would also like to say, without any storage, you cannot visit any webpages. I tried.

In my opinion, the only legitimate reason to use incognito mode is to hide history.

Maybe I'm wrong, and then the other members of the forum can correct me, but if you want to use SAX, you cannot use incognito mode.

I am not trying to be mean, harsh, arrogant, rude, etc, I am simply stating my POV. Laughing

But wait! There's more! [edit x2]

Cookies are still stored to your device in incognito (or private browsing as safari calls it now), and are only deleted when you exit the app.

Therefore, entering private browsing to save space on an iPod does not help, and I suspect parts of this were made up. Only a suspicion, not accusing anyone yet.

As stated before:
I am not trying to be mean, harsh, arrogant, rude, etc, I am simply stating my POV.
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Then, well, you cannot use SAX. Go complain to apple, not us Razz

you need to (by law) have accessibility settings and stuff on your website for issues like this

Do you plan to get a lawyer and sue Cemetech over that?
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

you need to (by law) have accessibility settings and stuff on your website for issues like this AND people who lets say can't see and uses braille. I thought that you guys would have had this covered.

Let me be frank here... If you can not use this site or any features for any reason, you may politely ask the developer to add support and compatibility. But keep in mind they are doing it in their free time and do not get paid for it. And being able to use this site is a gift granted to you from the developer, not a birthright. If, for some reason, you feel that this site does not fulfill your needs, pressuring the developer to fix it for you is the wrong action.
By the way, Cemetech is encouraging users to actively contribute to the site, including with code, so if you see a way to fix it and are willing to dedicate time to it, message KermMartian and go ahead.
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

you need to (by law) have accessibility settings and stuff on your website for issues like this AND people who lets say can't see and uses braille. I thought that you guys would have had this covered.

No. That's entirely on you. We've told you it works. You've admitted that it's likely your device.

SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Also, sax doesn't detect OS/Device so it would not work if you requested desktop (which you can do on ios devices, hold town the refresh icon). SAX detects screen size (try resizing your screen to super tiny on a computer), as it says.

OK that makes sense now that means that i-devices are not running the code properly. Whitch needs to be fixed.

This is inherently wrong. It's true that we don't use your devices user agent to determine what site to show you. We use the window width, as you can demonstrate yourself by narrowing a window of Cemetech on your computer. Because of that, requesting the desktop site doesn't do anything.

SAX would most certainly work if you could view the desktop site. Again, this is demonstrable on your computer. Make this window narrow and you'll see SAX stops working and that you must pop it out in order to continue using it. iOS devices are properly executing the code, there is no error. This is a product of the design.

Lastly. Private browsing has no impact on SAX. Private browsing just keeps cookies from persisting between sessions and maybe requests sites not to track you.

Quote:

If SAX isn't working for you then you don't have Javascript enabled under Safaris settings.

Edit:
I just put myself through the steps you described, opening Cemetech from a YouTube comment. The link opens in YouTubes built-in browser and can confirm that SAX doesn't work. Most likely because it doesn't have a JavaScript engine. Secondly, this isn't private browsing. YouTube just happens to purge the cookies when you close the browser window, so I guess you're getting the same result anyways.

Which is why SeeGreatness can't get jsTIfied to work as well, since the YouTube browser likely doesn't support DOM storage either. Even if it did, the DOM would get cleared when he closed the built-in browser. This whole thing is because of an inadequate browser, none of this is Cemetechs' fault.
DJ_O wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

you need to (by law) have accessibility settings and stuff on your website for issues like this

Do you plan to get a lawyer and sue Cemetech over that?

hell no I love this place! XD
Alex wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

No. That's entirely on you. We've told you it works. You've admitted that it's likely your device.

SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Also, sax doesn't detect OS/Device so it would not work if you requested desktop (which you can do on ios devices, hold town the refresh icon). SAX detects screen size (try resizing your screen to super tiny on a computer), as it says.

OK that makes sense now that means that i-devices are not running the code properly. Whitch needs to be fixed.

This is inherently wrong. It's true that we don't use your devices user agent to determine what site to show you. We use the window width, as you can demonstrate yourself by narrowing a window of Cemetech on your computer. Because of that, requesting the desktop site doesn't do anything.

SAX would most certainly work if you could view the desktop site. Again, this is demonstrable on your computer. Make this window narrow and you'll see SAX stops working and that you must pop it out in order to continue using it. iOS devices are properly executing the code, there is no error. This is a product of the design.

Lastly. Private browsing has no impact on SAX. Private browsing just keeps cookies from persisting between sessions and maybe requests sites not to track you.

Quote:

If SAX isn't working for you then you don't have Javascript enabled under Safaris settings.

Edit:
I just put myself through the steps you described, opening Cemetech from a YouTube comment. The link opens in YouTubes built-in browser and can confirm that SAX doesn't work. Most likely because it doesn't have a JavaScript engine. Secondly, this isn't private browsing. YouTube just happens to purge the cookies when you close the browser window, so I guess you're getting the same result anyways.

Which is why SeeGreatness can't get jsTIfied to work as well, since the YouTube browser likely doesn't support DOM storage either. Even if it did, the DOM would get cleared when he closed the built-in browser. This whole thing is because of an inadequate browser, none of this is Cemetechs' fault.

ahh now there's my problem (and its not cemetech's)... Thanks now I can troubleshoot it with other browsers (I have others) and I can use websites that will emulate the javascript (although I think a noscript notification on the sax popout would be a life-saver to this whole topic argument (is it a argument? I don't know) I am currently making a noscript for sax.
Also, private browsing on safari (tested on mac) still blocks SAX, even with js.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Also, private browsing on safari (tested on mac) still blocks SAX, even with js.

why is that? Have any ideas?

Anyways I have a fix to the sax. sadly it's not really a fix but it will let you know that sax is not going to work without javascript. by using css to remove all content on the screen when javascript does not remove that function and by using javascript to disable that css function and reveal the text in the css.
Here is my code (it's not my code actually I got it from stack overflow http://stackoverflow.com/a/3926750/7577269 )
<noscript>
<style type="text/css">
.pagecontainer {display:none;}
</style>
<div class="noscriptmsg">
You don't have javascript enabled.
</div>
</noscript>
this won't even let you use the sax pop out without javascript enabled, and shouldn't be a problem because you need it to even display the messages that would be received.
SeeGreatness wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:

Nice try, but maybe try not making stuff up next time: http://webaim.org/articles/laws/usa/

Also, having parental restrictions on your device isn't a disability.

0x5, Kerm++ Razz
Kerm, that is amazing! Very Happy
Your mic drop was entirely justified Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours