Hi, i am using the library articl for arduino to communicate with ti calc.
I want to send a text to the calculator and receive other text. Basically i am trying to do a chat application between arduino and the ti calc. witch commands should i use ?
Thank you !
Welcome to Cemetech; excellent question. It depends how you want to exchange messages between the two devices. For example, one thing you could do is have the Arduino and the TI calculator store their messages in a string like Str1, and set some variable (eg, X) to a value like 1 or 2 to signal the other peer that there's a message waiting. However, this would require silent linking, which would mean the calculator would have to be at a Pause, Menu, Input, or Prompt. A more flexible option would be to use the Send() and Get() commands. The calculator would use Send() to explicitly send a message to the Arduino, and could use Get() to check whether the Arduino had a message waiting for it yet. Take a look at some of the CBL demo examples in the ArTICL library for more information on how you'd work with Send() and Get().
I searched for the functions you told me but i can't get good results, im a little noob and i cant exactly understand how get and send works. I understand that if i want to send just one letter to the calculator i use "KEY" in the header, but if i want to send more than one letter ? would i have to this for each letter or what should i use instead of "KEY" ? and what about the other parameters ?
In the calculator, to send some text i just use the command send() and put the text i want in there ? and in the code of arduino, what should i put in get() parameters ? Can you please give me a simple example ?
Thank you !
I have another question, i cant what type of code is used for the letter (in your example: A6->M)
Can you explain me that too ?

Thank you !
i can read the variables from the calculator. But now, im having problems writing in the calc, using silent variable transfer. when i send the first header and wait for the ACK i just receive the first two bytes and then the function says: "died waiting for bit 0" how can i fix that ?

Thank you !

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours