Note that you shouldn't actually try to emulate Alex's writing style.
We should put this post in a section for rules and info for cemetech (like in its own topic/forum) instead of open general topic as this is really helpful.
SeeGreatness wrote:
We should put this post in a section for rules and info for cemetech (like in its own topic/forum) instead of open general topic as this is really helpful.
I believe that its omission was an intentional choice: motivating people to want to just post lots of posts in order to goose their ranking is the antithesis of what we want from our members. In fact, I wish there was a way to issue ranks by quality rather than quantity of posts; that might be something interesting for us to discuss elsewhere.
KermMartian wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:
I believe that its omission was an intentional choice: motivating people to want to just post lots of posts in order to goose their ranking is the antithesis of what we want from our members. In fact, I wish there was a way to issue ranks by quality rather than quantity of posts; that might be something interesting for us to discuss elsewhere.

Perhaps by number of characters?
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:

That can't be a good way to judge the quality of a post, its not because a person makes very long wordy posts that they are necessarily good posts. Also, to quote Einstein, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." The idea of people making long windy and repeaty posts to try and get better ranks seems undesirable to me. Kind of ironic that I am rambling about not rambling Laughing Confused
Quote:

Also, people could just add a huge amount of invisible characters or white text to the end of every post.
Well that gonna be hard. To get it working, you either need a voting system, like CW has, and I thought we already discussed that earlier, or every admin/gmod/mod needs to give each post a score from 1-10 or so, about the quality. This might not be feasible due to how many times that take.
About the ranks, this is my 667th post, the fabled 666 nikky rank is a lie. Its all a conspiracy perpetrated by the admins. Mad
mr womp womp wrote:
About the ranks, this is my 667th post, the fabled 666 nikky rank is a lie. Its all a conspiracy perpetrated by the admins. Mad

It's not like we hid that information from you... Rolling Eyes
KermMartian wrote:
SeeGreatness wrote:

what are you saying Kerm? I stated in my first post in the topic that people should not spam cemetech forums with poor quality? I would not want to look at Forum that has bad quality (even though I contribute a little) I understand that people may have bad grammar and spelling and I think helping people with spelling lessons Smile I think that would be cool (as well as tech lessons ) and maybe homework tutoring online? But other than that I think cemetech right now at this moment as I type this is perfect there aren't any spam posts that I bump into regularly making me pull out my hair and questioning my existence altogether.(although I normally do that)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours