So just a couple minutes ago I just broke my rasp pi i don't know how I was installing apps for my desktop and now my apps don't want to run it gives me a error every time saying that its a invalid desktop entry
I think the best way for you to help me is to do a remote desktop thing (I see all the scammers doing it XD pretending to be from microsoft) all I will need is some instructions on how to start the remote desktop help thing.

UPDATE:
I have tryed rebooting and it made it worse now I have no desktop and yeah I'm useing pixel (not sure what that is too...) but if it's possible I would like to restore my Pi to a time other than today (like yesterday would be best)
I can right click and it will give me a menu and with that I can open a terminal and type
lxpanel
Or something like that and it will give me my task bar (on the bottom when I specifically told it to be on the top that is. Before all this)
I'm currently using my iPod to make this post and it's not fun
At all

thanks to anyone who is willing to help me out
I'm now a "advanced newbie" YAY I should celebrate XD
SeeGeatness, All caps are not a way to get help on Cemetech, and deleting and recreating your post after a staff member edited it will not help either. This is a warning.

It sounds like that app didn't install correctly so I would try reinstalling it.

As for the "remote desktop thing" most of the software that is used for that costs money or generally isn't very good. I know the stuff I use at work costs hundreds of dollars a year to use.

Also saying you don't have the patience to try and fix it yourself doesn't encourage us to want to help you, a better approach would be to tell us what you have tried so far so we can suggest some additional ideas as to what may be able to help you.
TheStorm wrote:
SeeGeatness, All caps are not a way to get help on Cemetech, and deleting and recreating your post after a staff member edited it will not help either. This is a warning.

It sounds like that app didn't install correctly so I would try reinstalling it.

As for the "remote desktop thing" most of the software that is used for that costs money or generally isn't very good. I know the stuff I use at work costs hundreds of dollars a year to use.

Also saying you don't have the patience to try and fix it yourself doesn't encourage us to want to help you, a better approach would be to tell us what you have tried so far so we can suggest some additional ideas as to what may be able to help you.

Rasbian comes with a Remote Desktop control app so I'm sure I could use it or even screen sharing over ssh or http would be possible.you can look in the package log and look at my recent downloads for the newest apps that I downloaded and what dependencys it requires and yeah. You see I think it was a app that was for gnome and my desktop but it decided to uninstall my desktop because I had some gnome apps on my Pi so it thought that I had gnome and yeah while the gnome apps needed the app I installed (I BELEVE it made it compatible for my desktop and gnome to interact together)
So I think my app thought I had gnome (that is if it didn't make it cross compatible) and uninstalled lxde (I think that's my desktop and I want to keep it that way)
Since who actually knows what is going on; your best bet is to just reinstall your operating system and start nice and clean and fresh. Back up anything you had, and follow this helpful guide to reflash your sd card. Then you can just reinstall your old apps and everything will work just fine.

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/931/how-do-i-install-an-os-image-onto-an-sd-card
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Since who actually knows what is going on; your best bet is to just reinstall your operating system and start nice and clean and fresh. Back up anything you had, and follow this helpful guide to reflash your sd card. Then you can just reinstall your old apps and everything will work just fine.

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/931/how-do-i-install-an-os-image-onto-an-sd-card

That's just what I want to avoid (although I might do it after a couple of days of thinking) it came with noobs and as I'm clearly a noob I can just press [SHIFT] to relaunch Noobs to reinstall my os (the thing is that I have other operating systems on the card...)
SeeGreatness wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

That's just what I want to avoid (although I might do it after a couple of days of thinking) it came with noobs and as I'm clearly a noob I can just press [SHIFT] to relaunch Noobs to reinstall my os (the thing is that I have other operating systems on the card...)

I believe its just not executing
startx
I haven't tried though
If startx is broken both with and without sudo permissions then the best I can recommended is reinstalling raspbian its really very easy, maybe look into the ~/.Xauthority file on google, as you can't actually read it as far as I know. If your need personal help you can PM me.

If you can get to CLI after boot then maybe try executing this command

xinit lxsession -- :0

If that doesn't work add sudo before maybe.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours