So I decided to make another game, but in java. The goal of the game is simply to finish as quickly as possible. The hitbox is only the center pixel of the ball, as I plan to have the final level have a single pixel hole to go through.
The color of the center of the ball decides what happens:
If it is black, then you move at regular speed.
If it is white, then you move at 2x speed.
If it is grey, you move at 0.75 speed.
If it is orange, you move at 3x speed.
Yellow signifies a wall that you simply cannot go on.
Red kills you.
Dark green is acid; it kills you unless you activate invincibility.

Invincibility make you, well, invincible to acid, but it also makes you go at 4x speed(multiplying on any color you are already on. Thus it you activate it on orange, you really go at 12x speed). It lasts 0.5 seconds, and takes 5 seconds to recharge.

Anyways, here is footage of levels 1-5(I made levels 1-4 and my friend made level 5).
I saw this the other day and was pleasently amused Smile It has a good design in my opinion and looks pretty fun! One thing I would suggest is to move the text to a little popup at the start of the level; it kind of looks like it gets in the way. Other than that; keep up the good work! Smile
Looks really great, although the map with that fire/chicken/eye/whatever image (0:46), seems pretty hard to me Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I saw this the other day and was pleasently amused Smile It has a good design in my opinion and looks pretty fun! One thing I would suggest is to move the text to a little popup at the start of the level; it kind of looks like it gets in the way. Other than that; keep up the good work! Smile

Thanks! The thing is though, that, with the text, I think it would be better to have it in the level. Since this is a speed running game, I think a popup would add extra unnecessary time to the game. I am not sure though, what do you think?

PT_ wrote:
Looks really great, although the map with that fire/chicken/eye/whatever image (0:46), seems pretty hard to me Razz

Yeah that level is actually pretty hard. It has two main point of difficulty, but it took me 9 tries in the run in the video to get it. And that is pretty good for me right now. I am not very though, so someone else might beat it like first try or something.
This is awesome! Does it have map data stored for each level (i.e. in the code/in a text file), or does it simply have pictures it reads?

EDIT:
is there a
Quote:

Download

(0x5 seems legit)
anywhere?
I am really interested in fun, small, somewhat thrown together games like this. (i.e. Indie Games, but less professional)
I have not yet added a download, as it only has five levels. Once I add some more levels(probably once I get to ten levels), I will add one. It simply reads pictures though.

EDIT: If you really want to play it at its current state, here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ysjs2495eq9r1l0/Color%20Speedrun.zip?dl=0
Bump:
I ported this game over to unity(eyyy learning unity! My unity skills are not good), which means that it can run on all platforms! I plan to perhaps upload it on the play store or something and (maybe) have ads, but I don't know.
Anyways, also made some menus and added difficulties. So far only the easy difficulty is done, with 10 (somewhat) easy levels. Also anyone who knows unity have any idea why, when I close my Game scene to load the win scene, there is considerable lag? I suspect it is because I load in all the images as gameObjects and then they are being destroyed or something? Although I set them to not get destroyed on load.

Download links:
android: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-gtij90No_fT3FMUUlQamVMSnc
mac: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-gtij90No_fTXRsSkVmckl5WTA
Windows: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-gtij90No_fWjBJNWx5MlRRX2M

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours