Hey it's Spud. I'm back, and this time, with a story. Let me roll back a few years to when I was 13. The year was 2011, and I was steadily gaining interest in programming. While messing around with a TI-83p my parents had picked up for my algebra class, I noticed it could be programmed, and so it began. I dug through the internet for any and all documentation on the TI-83p, and in the process I stumbled at the door of Cemetech. While Cemetech wasn't the first site I had made an account with, it is the one I stuck with. As my interest in programming grew so did my interest in calculators and things of the sort. I became more active on Cemetech and started to post regularly. (often taking on projects I knew little to nothing about XD) Even though there where a few times I did just drop off the face of the earth, I always came back. That's why I'm here right now, writing this post. I've always felt welcome. Cemetech is not just a another forum to me, It's become much more over the years. It's been a place I can come and connect with like minds, and share ideas and memories. I've made friends through Cemetech; friends I will never forget. The support this entire site gave me has not only sparked an interest in learning I still peruse religiously to this day, but has also kept me moving forward with my studies of code and computer science. Most people think I'm crazy when they see me pull out my trusty TI-83p, I look back and tell them I'm only fitting in where I belong Smile Thank you, member's of Cemetech for what has been an amazing 6 years and hopefully more to come.
Great to see you again, Spud; how has life been treating you. It's great to hear that you have felt so welcome at Cemetech. We aim to make this community the perfect mix of fun, serious, welcoming, informative, and helpful, and it's always gratifying to hear that we have succeeded in doing so. So many of the relationships that even I have fostered here at Cemetech have turned into real-life friendships (and in at least one case, bestfriendship and a business partnership). Thank you for helping to make Cemetech what it is today, and we hope you'll be here for many years to come.
I'd love to write some mushy post here, but I've only been a member for about 3 years now.
spud2451 wrote:
(often taking on projects I knew little to nothing about XD)

It happens to everyone. I'm sure I posted a few topics where my ambitions were way ahead of my knowledge. When we, the members of the community, see that happen we always try and tell the poster to break it up into sizable chunks or guide them to a more manageable project for their skills. The worst thing that can happen is that someone starts a project and loses interest because it's so overwhelming and, as a result they'll feel defeated likely never return to programming. It's really important to know your limits and create projects that you can build upon.

Quote:
Thank you, member's of Cemetech for what has been an amazing 6 years and hopefully more to come.

You're quite welcome. I'm glad you're back and I can't believe you've been around for so long. The duration members have been on the site are all turning into a blur for me. For better or worse. I can't wait to read and follow along on your new projects!
spud2451 wrote:
(often taking on projects I knew little to nothing about XD)

That seems exactly what I'm doing with my CSP program. Trying to learn rocket science without any experience with it! Very Happy Glad you feel as welcome here as I do. Smile

10/10 would Cemetech again Razz
Welcome back, Spud! Good to see you again, dude!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours