Basically, my calculator seems to be broken. I installed a couple games on it such as Oiram and played for an hour or 2. My RAM was not full at the time, so the problem doesn't seem to be cause by a RAM issue. Then, my calculator turned off. When I press the on button, it turns on, BUT only for a fraction of a second, which isn't enough to load in the menus. Essentially, it flashes white when I turn it on. This means I am unable to go in and reset it, and I tried taking out the battery and holding Del on the calculator. Even when the battery gets put back in, it still flashes white. It doesn't register in TI Connect, so I'm worried there's permanent damage. Any thoughts?
Hold [2nd]+[del] and press the reset button on the back. You can then redownload the OS from TI's website Smile Hope this helps, and welcome!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Hold [2nd]+[del] and press the reset button on the back. You can then redownload the OS from TI's website Smile Hope this helps, and welcome!

Didn't work Sad
It still just flashes when I turn it on.
Hold [2nd]+[del] while you press the reset button rather; if that makes sense? It most certainly will work Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Hold [2nd]+[del] while you press the reset button rather; if that makes sense? It most certainly will work Smile

I did that, yet it still just flashes. It shows no sign of resetting, such as the ram cleared message.
I'm pretty sure it's dead.
It is not dead; please don't assume that as that would be incorrect Razz First, press [2nd]. While pressing [2nd], press [del]. While both of them are held, press the tiny reset button in the back of the calc. Keep the two buttons held the whole time. Then release the reset button. Please follow exactly and it will be fine Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
It is not dead; please don't assume that as that would be incorrect Razz First, press [2nd]. While pressing [2nd], press [del]. While both of them are held, press the tiny reset button in the back of the calc. Keep the two buttons held the whole time. Then release the reset button. Please follow exactly and it will be fine Smile

I've tried this before, and it has reset. I do know how to do it, but it doesn't seem to work this time. I do understand which buttons to press, but it's not having any effect. :/ Do you know any alternative methods such as using TI Connect or something with the calculator? The standard reset procedure doesn't work this time (for me). I'm sorry that i'm giving you trouble about this, but I really want my calculator to work again.

Edit: NEVER MIND IT WAS JUST OUT OF BATTERY OOPS
Very Happy Very Happy Smile Laughing Laughing Laughing
sorry for giving you so much trouble Laughing
Congratulations for getting it working again.... batteries do tend to run out Razz
Just so you know, please do not double post... instead edit and add to the first post if you're going to post twice in a 24 hour period on the same thread. Thanks!
Haha right, that would do it too Smile Congratulations on getting it working again! Sometimes it is the darndest things :
It's easy to forget that it runs on batteries. Those batteries last ages!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours