Hopefully this is the right board to post to, but this is the only website I know to post this problem to. I have a calculator that was lent to me from my school. Obviously being the average highschool kid I am, I put on a game or two to play in class. Now, I've been playing these games multiple times and never have had a problem. Today however was the day that my calculator decided it was time to quit. This is what had happen

The calculator is a Ti-84 Plus CE. I have tried pressing the reset button and I have tried taking the battery out and letting it sit for 5 ish minutes. Neither of those seem to work. I haven't done a whole lot of searching but I am further trying to. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I finally got the problem fixed, thanks for all of your help!
Try pressing 2nd, Delete, and the reset button all at the same time. It's supposed to restore the calculator to where you have to reinstall the OS.
You need to re-transfer your OS...
This has happened to me before
OS
https://education.ti.com/en/software/details/en/158B7669E4C0493A84D33D9A22FDBD3C/ti-84plusceoperatingsystem
TI Connect ce
https://education.ti.com/en/software/details/en/13312F7CEC074A2DAFD7EE5646129839/swticonnectcesoftwareforwindows
seanlego23 wrote:
Try pressing 2nd, Delete, and the reset button all at the same time. It's supposed to restore the calculator to where you have to reinstall the OS.

Thank you for your help, I got the calculator to the point where it says "Waiting... Please install OS now"

But when I try to send the OS to the calculator from the computer it throws the error

"Hello?
Unfortunately, it looks like TI-84 Plus CE -ýýýý has stopped talking to TI Connect CE. Reconnect and retry transfer. If this keeps happening, contact TI for help."

I've tried a couple of different times and it still gives the same error.
greenpeppers100 wrote:
seanlego23 wrote:

Thank you for your help, I got the calculator to the point where it says "Waiting... Please install OS now"

But when I try to send the OS to the calculator from the computer it throws the error

"Hello?
Unfortunately, it looks like TI-84 Plus CE -ýýýý has stopped talking to TI Connect CE. Reconnect and retry transfer. If this keeps happening, contact TI for help."

Perhaps do what it says and contact TI for help. stuff similar to this has happened to me, and they often reply within the month. (At least for me, my friend got a reply the next day)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
greenpeppers100 wrote:
seanlego23 wrote:

"Hello?

Perhaps do what it says and contact TI for help. stuff similar to this has happened to me, and they often reply within the month. (At least for me, my friend got a reply the next day)

Within the month? Crap, I've got a test in a few days. I guess I'll do some looking around and hopefully find something.

Edit: Ok, Now Im super confused, I just tried the same thing just with a different computer. The reinstall worked perfectly. And the calculator is now fixed. Thank you all.
Sounds like a USB or driver problem during the transfer process. Hmm...
oldmud0 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, I know the old greyscale calculators were picky about which cable was used to sync. But I don't think the color ones are that temperamental about it.
Alex wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, I know the old greyscale calculators were picky about which cable was used to sync. But I don't think the color ones are that temperamental about it.

Yeah. I have even rigged a Rube Goldberg-like connection and it worked. (Female Usb to HDMI, HDMI to male USB, male USB to micro USB, micro usb to TI-84+ CE cable, found on ebay)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Female Usb to HDMI, HDMI to male USB, male USB to micro USB, micro usb to TI-84+ CE cable

That sounds like a potential source of problems. Razz

Also, it would probably be good to have the way you solved the problem in the first post. That way, people with similar issues can find it more easily.
Nik wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Female Usb to HDMI, HDMI to male USB, male USB to micro USB, micro usb to TI-84+ CE cable

That sounds like a potential source of problems. Razz

Yes, but it worked, like, TWICE! (And then I got a ram clear for a completely different reason)
Is that a stolen school calculator?
CalcMeister wrote:

greenpeppers100 wrote:
Obviously being the average highschool kid I am, I put on a game or two to play in class.

From the sound of it, I think the school loaned it to him (or, like my school, he got it from the school's library)
Just because Someone plays a game doesn't make them a criminal! Razz Laughing
TheLastMillennial wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:

greenpeppers100 wrote:
Obviously being the average highschool kid I am, I put on a game or two to play in class.

From the sound of it, I think the school loaned it to him (or, like my school, he got it from the school's library)
Just because Someone plays a game doesn't make them a criminal! Razz 0x5

For some reason, (This is a loooong time ago) there was a ti (Not graphing, ya know those red ones) educational school calculator in my backpack. I don't really know how it got there Confused, but I confused it for my own, (which was a manly pink) and took it home. I then proceeded to take what I thought was my calculator apart. The math teacher was, like, super cool, and gave the remnants of it to the tech teacher, to put on display, and asked me to replace the calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours