After seeing linevolution, my demonstration of evolution on the TI-84+ CE, one of my close friends suggested changing it so that it evolved expressions, which would theoretically be simpler, and faster. After a day or two, I present (name is a wip) WIP, which is an evolution simulator that has FOUR different modes! The first pair of modes have 250 'creatures' per generation, and the second two have 500, just like linevolution. In each pair, there is a mode that tries to get the expression with the lowest absolute value (but it cannot be zero), and a mode that tries to get the highest absolute value. With all these new additions, the program is a huge 3kb, but it is 120x faster than linevolution. This program only takes a few minuites to run a generation, unlike linevolution, which could take up to a day! Additionally, it comes with a fancy UI!

EDIT: Recent additions include a graph that shows both the best and average creatures over time.
EDIT^2: Please come up with name suggestions and PM me or comment them, as I will be holding a poll.
EDIT^3: File is in the file archives, but I can post a screenshot (Or two)! (coming shortly)
EDIT^4: Please note that, on the graph (While running), there are two lines. The Red one is the average performance, and the blue line is the best equation.
EDIT^5: Download link is here

Mind=Blown Smile
#Tankidaboss wrote:
Mind=Blown Smile

Yeah, it's a lot. I have learned an absolute TON while making this, and I hope the community enjoys it.
I think about 1/5 - 1/10 of the creatures per generation would do almost as well, but would be 5 - 10 times faster. Of course I did no research or so on that, you could just try and see.

Or, even better, make a setting for it.

Edit: Also, I vote for "Equolution" as the name.
Nik wrote:
I think about 1/5 - 1/10 of the creatures per generation would do almost as well, but would be 5 - 10 times faster. Of course I did no research or so on that, you could just try and see.

Or, even better, make a setting for it.

Edit: Also, I vote for "Equolution" as the name.

I like the name suggestion. I might be holding a poll on names, so please come up with more.
Download link is here

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours