Well, that's fascinating. I hope it works out well. Smile
I bet a few people are considering useing this code if Platformer wins (atleast part of it) *cough* CalcMan06 *cough*

*cough*
Sax wrote:

16:24:43 CalcMan06: tifreak8x is probably disqualifying me right now for grabbing Kerm's code.... lol

*cough*[/quote]
I don't mind, just give me credit. I'll pwn j00 all with my ASM version anyway. Very Happy
I was actually kinda kidding.
Actually, it looks like he wants it for Dan's contest. Very Happy
And yes, ZNLVL just renders the lines.
Thought so Very Happy .
I actually might consider trying to develop that someone in BASIC; could be an interesting project.
KermMartian wrote:

No, if Platformer wins, I'm using it for Cemetech's.... if that's ok, of course.....
*sob* I feel so lost with Platformer winning. Like... Like life has no purpose... *soooob!* Razz

P.S. Almost lost enough to make 20 accounts and have them all vote Strategy Just Joking
CalcMan06 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No, if Platformer wins, I'm using it for Cemetech's.... if that's ok, of course.....
Laughing Excellent, glad to hear it. That's fine.
It seems as though Platformer has NOT won, so I'm not going to use this. Oh well, it would have been harder to program a platformer, especially one made by someone else. Wink

Especially when you don't understand some of the *cough*variables*cough*
Laughing Yup, my code tends to be really confusingly optimized to people other than me. I actually might end up working on this more in BASIC before I attempt it in ASM. We'll see.
I understand what most of the variables are, and I THINK I have a vague idea as to what C and D are....
(a,b) = current (x,y)
(e,f) = previous (x,y)
(c,d) = velocity in (x,y)
It is of course taken as having constant acceleration in x,y (0,-9.Cool
That's what I thought C and D were.... well, now that I understand what the variables are, I should have a slightly easier time figuring out what happens at various points in the program. I really need to work on my contest entry.... Laughing
That's the thing about TI-BASIC. Meaningful variable names are important to others helping you with code. I find that on calc projects, if I give up for a couple weeks, I can't even understand my own code to finish it.
Well, it doesn't help that TI-BASIC only has one-letter variable names, either. Wink
CalcMan06 wrote:
Well, it doesn't help that TI-BASIC only has one-letter variable names, either. Wink

That's what I was talking about...
foamy3 wrote:
That's the thing about TI-BASIC. Meaningful variable names are important to others helping you with code. I find that on calc projects, if I give up for a couple weeks, I can't even understand my own code to finish it.
It helps having a project page and writing down what the variables are use for.
@Calcman06: I think platformers are actually easier than Strategy. You have to think of more complex rules to implement with strategy than with platformer.
Yes, but the gaming experiecnce is so much better. I enjoy games that actually make me think. (Probably why I enjoy programming more than gaming). Strategy takes a while to develop, but the richness of the game increases at least 3x (unless it's just plain bad).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours