Partly out of interest in playing them, and partly because I want to see if there are any I haven't come into contact with, what is everybody's opinion as to the best TI 83+ RPGs of all time? Smile
Desolate by tr1p1ea is pretty great. All of the Reuben Quest games are great fun. Dying Eyes is one I haven't played myself, but I hear is one of the best.

I do believe all three can be found on ticalc. Correct me if i'm wrong.
It depends of your preferences and if you really mean the black TI-83 Plus model or the Silver Edition/USB models that runs at 15 MHz.

If you want RPGs with fast speed without too many files to install:
Reuben Quest series (the Axe/ASM versions by Sorunome)
Desolate
Joltima
Dying Eyes (be warned: This game is incredibly hard)
The Legend of Zelda: The Hero of Hyrule (if you speak French)

If you want maximum content but with lower quality graphics and way more files to install:
Illusiat 6 through 12
The Reign of Legends series (avoid the 3rd game if you have a 6 MHz calculator, but hey, at least it loads faster than Final Fantasy XV for the PS4 lol)
Mana Force series (the sequel is only in French, though)
Final Fantasy: Tales of Magic series
Hoobagees 4
Phantasy Star Eternity End
Final Fantasy v1.198
The Legend of Zelda: Dark Link Quest

If you don't mind games that are either unfinished or have bugs, but still a great lot of content:
The Verdante Forest
Illusiat 13

There might be many others I forgot
Thanks for your input guys. Yeah, I have the plain black TI 83+ (6 MHz). No, unfortunately, I don't speak French Smile

I haven't seen several of these, I'm looking forward to checking them out. I really like the Reuben Quest series, but Reuben 3 doesn't work on my calculator, unlike Ev Awakening and the Lost Mirror. It takes two minutes to load, and when it does, it runs at what seems like 2 or 3 fps.

I actually really like rpgs that use the lower graphics and ascii characters (like RL1). I am just finishing up my first really good one.
Hm about Reuben 3 you might want to PM the author or post in his topic to report the issue, so he can fix it. Make sure to tell your calculator hardware revision and stuff, in case.

Glad you like RL1 style games. Keep in mind that my coding back in the days was very bad per today's standards, as I learned TI-BASIC back when not closing parentheses and brackets was the most advanced TI-BASIC trick ever known. Also some of those old games are incredibly hard or have engrish.
Yeah, the Reign of Legend series is kinda tough...I haven't gone very far on it. The only rpgs i've completed (that I remember) are sorunume's reuben 1 and 2.

The thing I like about TI-BASIC rpgs is that... you guessed it... they are easy to program! Very Happy
I'm still working on learning ASM... I should really try making a rpg in Axe, though. I just need to add a boss and implement some skills in the TI-BASIC rpg I am working on right now. I'm looking forward to making a post with some gifs of the completed rpg.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours