Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

Are you interested in such a project?
Yes
 84%  [ 11 ]
No
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

I am writing an evolution simulator (Which, to my knowledge, has never been done before, but correct me if I am wrong) on my TI-84 PCE and it generates lines that run near the most number of predetermined random points on a graph. It is written in pure TI-BASIC and is effectively consuming me.

KEY:
Red = urgent
Yellow = asap
Green = needs some refining
TO-DO:
Create some interesting GIF's
Create a usable UI
Optimizations + tweaks


If you have any questions or if you have a suggestion, please let it be known!

SOURCE CODE (V1.1.5):

prgmFITNESS:
http://pastebin.com/sussceAD
prgmLINEVOLV
http://pastebin.com/xU0SnDgA

SOURCE CODE DISCLAIMER:
The source code is designed for easy-to-understand-and-edit-ness (obviously a word) and not efficiency. I envision this idea being manipulated and changed to fit your needs.
This is truly fascinating, and I'd love to get some hands on that source
CalcMeister wrote:
This is truly fascinating, and I'd love to get some hands on that source

Good news for you, the core elements are being tested, and a rather slow, but effective, source will be out soon. I am hoping the community can help me refine it and make it a little faster, as it can take 30min per generation.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
This is truly fascinating, and I'd love to get some hands on that source

Good news for you, the core elements are being tested, and a rather slow, but effective, source will be out soon. I am hoping the community can help me refine it and make it a little faster, as it can take 30min per generation.
That's what you have to expect for a BASIC program, slow but as precise as you can handle. How large is the file right now?
CalcMeister wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
This is truly fascinating, and I'd love to get some hands on that source

Good news for you, the core elements are being tested, and a rather slow, but effective, source will be out soon. I am hoping the community can help me refine it and make it a little faster, as it can take 30min per generation.
That's what you have to expect for a BASIC program, slow but as precise as you can handle. How large is the file right now?

It is a pair of files, and it is ~1.28kb. The files are [sic] in the Archives Queue.
Fascinating source code. What are you planning on adding?
I'd love to see some "interesting gifs" Razz
CalcMeister wrote:
I'd love to see some "interesting gifs" Razz

Yes, they are coming xD
CalcMeister wrote:
Fascinating source code. What are you planning on adding?

Potentially making a more efficient version, adding a user interface, and creating a way for you to see progress made in past generations.
Here are two little things that will help a little with speed. There is more to be done to get this to a usable state.

Code:
500→A
A→dim(L₁
A→dim(L₂
For(θ,1,A
randInt(00,50)→L₁(θ
randInt(50,100)→L₂(θ
End

could be
randInt(00,50,500→L₁
randInt(50,100,500→L₂

If rand>0.5:Then:S→A:Else:S→A:End

should be
S→A

Repeat Ans
H+1→H:⌊FIT(H)=max(⌊FIT
End

could be
cumSum(binomcdf(249,0
sum(augment(Ans,250+Ans)*(⌊FIT=max(⌊FIT
(it costs 8 bytes and saves about 30 seconds, depending on where the max value is.)
mr womp womp wrote:
Here are two little things that will help a little with speed. There is more to be done to get this to a usable state.

Code:
500→A
A→dim(L₁
A→dim(L₂
For(θ,1,A
randInt(00,50)→L₁(θ
randInt(50,100)→L₂(θ
End

could be
randInt(00,50,500→L₁
randInt(50,100,500→L₂

If rand>0.5:Then:S→A:Else:S→A:End

should be
S→A


I will implement the first one, but the second one is a glitch, and one of the S's should be negative.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I will implement the first one, but the second one is a glitch, and one of the S's should be negative.

The use ((.5-rand)<0->S (0.5 - rand is compared to 0, if it was < 0.5 then it is negative, or smaller than zero and thus returns 1. If it was >= 0, then it is still > 0 and returns 0.)
Nik wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I will implement the first one, but the second one is a glitch, and one of the S's should be negative.

The use ((.5-rand)<0->S (0.5 - rand is compared to 0, if it was < 0.5 then it is negative, or smaller than zero and thus returns 1. If it was >= 0, then it is still > 0 and returns 0.)

I am working on a better version and this will be implemented!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement