Hopefully everyone remembers the game Bubble Struggle 2, where you had to split bubbles to become smaller, and if you shoot the smallest ball, it will disappear. Well, I always like this game, and because the first keyword is snow, I though it would be nice if I replace the bubbles with snowballs Smile
To make it more snow-related, the character is now a snowman, and currently I'm in this stage:

It is smoother on-calc

This basically displays a sprite based on the pressed key, so if you press [LEFT] his face goes to the left, and with [RIGHT] vice versa.

It is made in ICE because that is for me the easiest language Very Happy

Features:
  • Display sprite based on keypress
  • Moving
  • Shooting
  • Moving snowballs
  • Split snowballs
  • Lives
  • Levels
  • Bonus
  • Time
  • Effects
  • Make the snowball half of the time transparent that you can't shoot it
  • Easter Egg! ( = Christmas egg)

Currently not much done, but I've too much free time this week Very Happy
Fast update:

I don't know exactly if the decreasing speed with more snowballs is noticeable, but I'm proud of it Smile

EDIT: uh oh well, it seems I am almost ready Very Happy

Maybe I'm a bit too enthousiastic Very Happy

Oh, you thought I was done yet?

Nope Very Happy

You making this yourself PT_?? NICE! See I can't do that stuff. Don't know how. Wink
Mechadraco38 wrote:
You making this yourself PT_?? NICE! See I can't do that stuff. Don't know how. Wink

Definitely! I'm making this game in a language I wrote myself Smile and yeah, you can say I've spent way too much time into this game Wink
Nice, PT_! Yours is looking great! I wish I could be this far in my game Razz
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
Nice, PT_! Yours is looking great! I wish I could be this far in my game Razz

Thanks!

Updates so far:

- Added powerups: fast movement, double shooting, shield, extra points
- Better timeline
- Fixed many bugs
- Added transparency. Some levels has transparency, which means that whenver a snowball hits an edge, it turns his transparency on/off. When a ball is transparent, you can't shoot it. It can kill you though

Note: at the end random snowballs are disappearing when shooting, I have fixed it!
The only think I need to do is make more levels Smile
I've finished the game! I've created 17 levels, from simple to extreme, the last one is almost unbeatable. I will upload it next week to the Archives (including the source) so that you guys can play it too. In the meantime, enjoy this screenshot Smile

There are 2 Easter Eggs, one is pretty hard to trigger, but it maybe helpful. The other one was added accidentally, I was just playing and then I noticed it Razz
Amazing job on this PT_, it looks just like it was programmed in C! I may have to experiment with ICE. Very Happy
Unicorn wrote:
Amazing job on this PT_, it looks just like it was programmed in C! I may have to experiment with ICE. Very Happy

Nope Very Happy you won't regret it, I'm sure Wink
Oh well, the next keyword is "present" and I can't make a game anymore.. I've asked jonbush and he said a puzzle can be categorized as "Anything else", so I think I gonna make a sliding puzzle, where a picture of a present/more presents will be shuffled, and the user has to solve it by shuffling it back. Sounds not really difficult to make Smile

@jonbush: if you think this program doesn't fit in the category "Anything else", please let me know
Very nice!

It looks really cool :p
I'm really impressed how quickly you put a game of this visual caliber together, PT_; it really speaks to the maturity of the programming languages and tools for the TI-84 Plus CE. I still liked it better when you called it "Snowflock (sic) Struggle", though. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
I'm really impressed how quickly you put a game of this visual caliber together, PT_; it really speaks to the maturity of the programming languages and tools for the TI-84 Plus CE. I still liked it better when you called it "Snowflock (sic) Struggle", though. Wink

Thanks! I think snowBALLS are better, because they are falling and jumping everywhere, while I don't think snowFLAKES can do that Wink

Progress so far on my second entry:

Last update:

I will only change something if someone asks Wink

Side note: the shuffling looks fast, but it can be even faster, because I added a Pause in it
Looks great! Is this also written in ICE?
Ivoah wrote:

Yep, although I've used some pure ASM pieces, for example to get the time, and to swap 2 tiles, as both are not possible (yet) in ICE.
PT_ wrote:
Ivoah wrote:

Yep, although I've used some pure ASM pieces, for example to get the time, and to swap 2 tiles, as both are not possible (yet) in ICE.

Nice. It's great to see some full games being written in ICE! I hope it takes off like Axe did.
Ivoah wrote:
Nice. It's great to see some full games being written in ICE! I hope it takes off like Axe did.

Thanks! Smile After the contest is over, I will upload all the programs + source code to the Archives, so people could learn from it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours