Obliterate, is a scorched-earth / tanks game for the Casio Prizm color graphing calculator. Play against up to six AIs in a battle for supremacy. Set your angle and power, then fire away, but watch out for the wind! Enjoy the classic TI Obliterate game on the Prizm's full-color, high-resolution screen. It includes full working AI, intelligent terrain generation, and all the features from Obliterate for the TI-83+ through TI-84+SE calculators except multi-calculator networking. Feel free to post any comments, compliments, and criticisms in the attached topic. Screenshots and video below.

Download
[Prizm] Obliterate 1.0
Video of [Prizm] Obliterate 1.0 Beta 1

Good job, looks really colorful!
Traitor.
graphmastur wrote:
Good job, looks really colorful!
Thanks! I enjoy it, at any rate. Wink Nikky, I can't tell you how tempted I am to submit this to the ticalc.org archives despite lack of relevant category.
Very impressive Kerm. I added a link to the Casio Prizm Facebook page. Unfortunately I can't test it now as Fedora is having issues with sending files to the Prizm.
z80man wrote:
Very impressive Kerm. I added a link to the Casio Prizm Facebook page. Unfortunately I can't test it now as Fedora is having issues with sending files to the Prizm.
Thanks for the link, sorry to hear F15 is being a pain. Sad Now I know that it's you running the Prizm page that made it follow the Cemetech page; I thought that was Casio's official Facebook page for it. :/
I haven't tried this yet (I'll probably do that this afternoon), but it certainly looks nice! However, from what I see in my hex editors, it seems like the non-English names for the add-in are still not properly set.
KermMartian wrote:
Now I know that it's you running the Prizm page that made it follow the Cemetech page; I thought that was Casio's official Facebook page for it. :/
Casio's page is Casio Education.
I thought newer versions of mkg3a put them in automatically but I could be wrong. We could prod tari about it.
Hooray =) It is a bummer about the way things are looking for a Prizm CN2.2 implementation.
TheStorm wrote:
I thought newer versions of mkg3a put them in automatically but I could be wrong. We could prod tari about it.
I think that Kerm is setting the English name to Obliterate and not setting the global name to anything, so the string that's used in the main menu for languages that aren't English is "oblitr8.g3a".
Oh, I expected it to automatically fill in the non-English names with the English name, if I didn't specify them. My error.
Great job, as usual Wink
Are there multiple weapons? Remember Kerm: it's only fun if you have at least 10 ways to blow your opponents to smithereens.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Great job, as usual Wink
Many thanks, Lionel; I appreciate the compliments even more considering from whom they come. Wink Seana, just a single weapon, but I have future plans for more from Scorched2000, if enough people request them.
KermMartian wrote:
Oh, I expected it to automatically fill in the non-English names with the English name, if I didn't specify them. My error.

I could change that if everybody else things it would make more sense..
Tari wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I could change that if everybody else things it would make more sense..
I think that would indeed make more sense. Thanks, Tari.
After further review, I notice again that unspecified names descend from the 'basic' namespec. Thus, use -n basic:Obliterate (or suchlike) to set all name fields (and the internal name field will then become '@OBLITERATE').

I don't think a change is needed, but I'll note this in the readme.
Now that I've had a chance to test it there's one minor issue I noticed. The delay between Getkey calls are very short so for example when a game is over and I press EXE to continue, 2 key presses are registered and the game is restarted without giving the user a chance to go to the menu. Just a simple delay or waiting for the user to release the key first should fix that.
z80man wrote:
Now that I've had a chance to test it there's one minor issue I noticed. The delay between Getkey calls are very short so for example when a game is over and I press EXE to continue, 2 key presses are registered and the game is restarted without giving the user a chance to go to the menu. Just a simple delay or waiting for the user to release the key first should fix that.
That's unfortunate; I could have sworn I had debouncing on that. I guess my messing with Getkey_Wait_OS() for the purposes of making both [MENU] and 16-bit color work properly must have led to its removal. I'll patch that and the add-in name issue. Thanks for the clarification, Tari.
I played it last night, and I found it rather awesome. Love the new explosion effects, the wind is great, the AI keeps blowing me up :/, and even the terrain generation seems to be much more wavy and better than before. In short, really great job Kerm, this game will likely be on my Prizm for many many years to come Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours