Hello everyone;

I'm starting this topic because i want to start a project which could be (or at least I think would be) interesting and useful. The idea is use the AssTermo-D as a base and the main propose is to create a Thermodynamic Cycles program like CyclePad which could be useful to all students with Technical Thermodynamics.

Basically, insert the objects (furnace, compressor, turbine, exchanger...) to create the cycle that the user wants and specify some of their attribute (efficiency, pressure, temperature, work...) to do the main calculations, providing the fluid properties from the AssTermo-D archive which is a great source.

I've the knowledge of what calculations have to do but no idea of programming (and don't know which type of code will be better if C, C++, Lua, Basic...), anyone have interest on helping me?

Thanks for the attention.
Okay, well a few pretty big questions come to mind immediately
1) are you familiar with any programming language? If you know a certain language, it would be best to stick to that, because learning a new language (although great for learning) is not an efficient way to make a good program.
2) What do you want the program to look like? If you want a more graphical program, You will want a more graphics friendly language, like Lua or C. If you want something that just performs calculations and spits out a bunch of numbers, then Basic would be the better choice for its simplicity.
3) What calculator do you want this to be compatible with? Lua is not compatible with any of the most popular models (the ti-83/ti-84 series) but is compatible with the ti-nspire series. Basic is compatible with the most popular models, and a variation of it is available on the ti-nspire.
I am not familiar with AssTermo-D, or these types of calculations, so as it stands, I can't really help you with any actual code, but the language you chose might also need to be fast in case you need to perform some labor intensive and complex maths. You should note that if you need to perform calculations which involve higher level maths like algebraic manipulations, most of calculus and such, then you will want to use a calculator which has a built in CAS (Computer Algebra System), because trying to do things like indefinite integrals on a ti-84 plus is (although technically possible) will cause you physical pain, and will be incredibly complex Razz
1) I'm not familiar with any.
2) I want a intuitive interface, insert blocks (exchanger, pump...), make assumptions/insert what is known and make the unions.
3) I've the nspire

I want something similar to CyclePad on pc but for our calculators. I'm familiar with what you have to calculate but don't know any code.

Also I said that AssThermo-D (which is a ti nspire a steam table program) is a perfect base because the values it gave are very accurate.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours