Hi. For a while I've been making programs on my TI-82 using TI-Basic. Now I've learned that you can create programs in assembly so I figured that I would give that a try. However, all the guides I can find online are old and don't seem to work anymore.
This guide for example mentions the shells ASH and CrASH. I've given both a try but neither seems to be compatible with my system (Windows 10 64bits).
Does anyone know if there are some modern programs or guides that I could use?
Indeed there hasn't been much 82 action in 20 odd years! A lot of those tools died out due to them being developed for 16-bit DOS etc.

Luckily modern assemblers like SPASM or BRASS can target the 82 as well which means that you can still build for that calc.

I tweaked the CrASH 1.6 include file to work with SPASM and also made a small example program (hello world) as well in the below zip:

http://tr1p1ea.net/files/downloads/CrASH.zip

To assemble just open the CMD.exe prompt and type: asm hello

(Dont include the .asm extension)

Works for me under Win7 64-bit.

Also sending to the 82 is a bit of a chore since the calc itself needs to be in 'Receive' mode, even on emulators.

CrASH_Man has written some nice sprite/tilemap routines and such that are available on ticalc.org as well.

Let me know if you have any issues and I'll help out as best I can.
Hi. Sorry for taking so long to answer, I've had a lot to do at school lately.
Thanks for your answer. I don't have a link cable yet (I figured that it was better to learn assembly before buying one) so I haven't been able to try the assembler on a physical calculator although I did try it with an emulator and it seems to work. Good Idea I'll let you know if I run into any issues Smile
Thanks again!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours