Yes, I did download the latest AoCE, this error was on the command line. I (tried) to look for the file, but found nothing. the exact Error was:

Code:
C:\Users\********\Downloads\Age-Of-CEmpires-I-master\Age-Of-CEmpires-I-master>make
flat assembler  version g.i29v6-ez80
Relocation used 932 bytes
Relocation used 63 bytes

aoce.asm [7] gfx/bin/AOCEGFX1.inc [3]:
        #ifndef __AOCEGFX1__
macro ? [1]:
        name line
Processed: #ifndef __AOCEGFX1__
Error: illegal instruction.
make: *** [bin/AOCE.8xp] Error 2
You need to update to the latest toolchain, or convpng.
It has been almost 2 months, but I'm working on it again. Sadly, I discovered that not all the units were included in the 2 units appvars, and I had to make 3 of them (60kB each...). I've done some work behind-the-scenes, which include not removing itself from userMem (because it's an app) and some more cleanup things (huge thanks to jacobly!). I'm currently busy with both teamcolors in buildings and units and displaying units, which is gonna be a pain, but I need to do it :/
How do you/ can you place units? Also, can you make an option to skip past the fade in/out intro? It's cool, but when you want to start playing, it makes you wait Sad
SM84CE wrote:
How do you/ can you place units? Also, can you make an option to skip past the fade in/out intro? It's cool, but when you want to start playing, it makes you wait Sad

You can't do that yet, as displaying units is not implemented yet Wink And sure, I can add some code to skip it immediately when you press a key during fading in.
So.... teamcolors works! Very Happy

Credits to Runer112 who figured out a nice format to quickly edit all the teamcolor pixels instead of loading the building twice.
What would you say how much of the project is done in percentage?

Your progress is amazing, and I hope that this gets completed. It's a wonder what amazing ports you can pull off on this kind of hardware. Good job! Smile
xMarminq_ wrote:
What would you say how much of the project is done in percentage?

Your progress is amazing, and I hope that this gets completed. It's a wonder what amazing ports you can pull off on this kind of hardware. Good job! Smile

Thanks Smile

As you can already see, pretty much every graphing-related job has been implemented, except drawing units. I believe this was a major struggle, because it needs to be as fast as possible. All the non-graphic things can be a bit slower, because AoCE still needs to wait during vsync (i.e. it can take the time from displaying everything to actually see the graphics; the LCD runs only at 30Hz). That's why I think that about 30% of this project is done already; after displaying units has been implemented, I will go on with units actions I guess; we will see what the future brings us Smile
Good news! Units work! Bad news! Units don't work! Razz

I'm more than happy to say that units now work properly! As far as I could test, sorting them based on the offset in the isometric tile works, teamcolors work, offsets work, and they don't jump when scrolling, like in the post above Razz This means basically every game-drawing is done, and I can move to either optimizing or start with the actual gameplay.

An image says more than thousands words 5 months programming Razz

This looks great! Perhaps I'm too uninformed but are there any plans to add things in the background so it's not just black at that corner? Also why the black margins on the left and right?
Speed increase for smaller screen
PT_ wrote:
An image says more than thousands words 5 months programming Razz

Yeah, true... but a beta says EVEN more!

***SM84CE hides
Michael2_3B wrote:
This looks great! Perhaps I'm too uninformed but are there any plans to add things in the background so it's not just black at that corner? Also why the black margins on the left and right?

The background will just stay black, since that's out of the field. The left and right edge will stay black (for speed purposes), but I'm thinking about displaying the basic info for a building/unit when you click on it. I might also try to display the field entirely fullscreen if that turns out to be faster Razz
Just a few questions...

1. What is the maximum number of units that a 'civilization' can spawn?
Im curious because the PC versions limit is 75 per civilization.

2. How many civilizations can be present at once?
I know the CE's hardware cannot compare to a full blown PC, but how many civilizations do you plan to run at the same time

3. How many kinds of civilizations and types of units are you going to implement?
Like, when you start a game, how many civilizations will you have to select from? Will you have all?

4. Will there be water / oceans?
I love storming other civilizations from the water. Will there be water and / or boats?

Sorry if one of these was asked before....
LAX18 wrote:
Just a few questions...

1. What is the maximum number of units that a 'civilization' can spawn?
Im curious because the PC versions limit is 75 per civilization.

2. How many civilizations can be present at once?
I know the CE's hardware cannot compare to a full blown PC, but how many civilizations do you plan to run at the same time

3. How many kinds of civilizations and types of units are you going to implement?
Like, when you start a game, how many civilizations will you have to select from? Will you have all?

4. Will there be water / oceans?
I love storming other civilizations from the water. Will there be water and / or boats?

Sorry if one of these was asked before....

1. Currently I've set the limit to 100. Testing this game will see if it turns out to be more/less.
2. Only 1. It takes quite some time to find and convert all the graphics to AoCE-size, besides manually going through all the unit sprites to find a certain coordinate. Also, the size of one civilization is 300kB, which is quite a lot. Maybe in the future I will add more civilizations that you can choose from, as long as you send all the necessary appvars to your calc.
3. Same answer as above. There are 22 types of units which you can choose from (less than the original game, I know).
4. Not yet, but I'm planning to add it either in the next release or just somewhere in the future. Razz
Both scheduling events (necessary for disappearing units when they're dead for example) and removing dead units works now Smile

How is the Project going.
Is it dead?
Alvajoy123 wrote:
Is it dead?

No, PT_'s just busy with ICE and finishing up the update. When he's finished with ICE (and anything else he has up his sleeve) he'll likely come back to this project.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 10
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours