yes
 100%  [ 10 ]
no
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

I haven't played the game so here are a few events:

-Walrii invasion Rolling Eyes
-The left or right trail
-Rain (68% chance of having your clothes/food (faster expiration?) getting soaked)
-Thunder (2% chance of being hit)
-Lone cart (or whatever you call them Neutral )
-Buffalo herd (hunting minigame?)

That's all I have for now...
xMarminq_ wrote:
I haven't played the game so here are a few events:

-Walrii invasion Rolling Eyes
-The left or right trail
-Rain (68% chance of having your clothes/food (faster expiration?) getting soaked)
-Thunder (2% chance of being hit)
-Lone cart (or whatever you call them Neutral )
-Buffalo herd (hunting minigame?)

That's all I have for now...

Thanks for the input XMarming_ Smile
One question, what is "Lone Cart" referring to?
This http://www.globetrot.us/stulinks/3StuLinks/10west/Wagon1.jpg

It's an abandoned wagon /w some supplies (3% of happening)

It can have a fixed loot or a randomized one if you want...
xMarminq_ wrote:
This http://www.globetrot.us/stulinks/3StuLinks/10west/Wagon1.jpg

It's an abandoned wagon /w some supplies (3% of happening)

It can have a fixed loot or a randomized one if you want...

Good Idea! I'll make sure to put it in Smile
Or maybe they are from your previous deaths, but remove some loot so you don't get EVERYTHING back.

BTW how's progress goin'?
xMarminq_ wrote:
Or maybe they are from your previous deaths, but remove some loot so you don't get EVERYTHING back.

BTW how's progress goin'?

Never thought of that Smile

As for progress... I haven't done much (Enjoying summer, catching up with friends), but I will work on it a lot this week Very Happy

-OldNewTimer
Hello!

I've just come back from a vacation this week and have resumed development on the Oregon Trail. So far, all I have left to do is finish the hunting menu, complete the save option, and tie up a few odds and ends.

Here's a little peak at the graphics of fording the river.

And, as requested, I present dysentery:

That's all for now, but I should be done really soon!

-OldNewTimer
Looks great! You should submit this for the Land section of CC20 Razz
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Looks great! You should submit this for the Land section of CC20 Razz

Would I even be able to do that? Confused
Since usual rules apply, i doubt it. you have to make something specifically for the contest, not using something you were making before hand.
OldNewTimer you could put your "-OldNewTimer" In your sig so you don't have type it every time.

Nice progress with it. Glad t is coming along nicely.
I saw that you updated your to-do list, which is awesome! I'd love to play test and help find/fix bugs!

Edit: here's a suggestion:

On the death screen, while scrolling, keep the bottom of the screen brown, it'd look much better!
Today is the day!

I'm releasing the Beta version of the Oregon Trail CE! Although it's completed, it still may have may have multiple bugs, but it is playable. Please feel free to notify me about any bugs you come across while along the trail. I'll be doing a bit more testing and improvements to make sure it's stable. Once it is, i'll apply for it to be in the archives.

Here's the link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4noIH9Cwy0PbnJUT1plUUxWa3M

A big thank you for the patience and help that all of you gave during the course of this project! Very Happy
I found bugs in the trading. Sometimes, you could trade 0 things for multiple of other things, and other times, you could trade things like 1 oxen for 2 oxen...doesn't seem exactly right.
Also, maybe it was just the fact that I was emulating it, but the hunting graphics had a bit of a lag(pretty sure that's the emulation, but I just wanted to let you know).
Other than that, great game. I would suggest putting how much ammunition you have left on the screen while you're hunting, and maybe how many lbs of food you have so far. I would also try making the animals moving around the screen a bit more random instead of a diagonal all the way across the screen.
I had the same bug about trading that Sean had... but hey free stuff Razz. I think this game is terrific!!! I'm going to be playing Oregon Trail all night.
I understand wanting to stay true to the original, so perhaps create a copy where you can take some creative liberties!
seanlego23 wrote:
I found bugs in the trading. Sometimes, you could trade 0 things for multiple of other things, and other times, you could trade things like 1 oxen for 2 oxen...doesn't seem exactly right.
Also, maybe it was just the fact that I was emulating it, but the hunting graphics had a bit of a lag(pretty sure that's the emulation, but I just wanted to let you know).
Other than that, great game. I would suggest putting how much ammunition you have left on the screen while you're hunting, and maybe how many lbs of food you have so far. I would also try making the animals moving around the screen a bit more random instead of a diagonal all the way across the screen.

Thanks for the input Sean! The trading bug was a quick fix. I fixed the lag problem (it wasn't just the emulator), making a faster way of displaying the sprites and crosshair as well. I also added the food & ammo indicator on the bottom of the screen as you recommended. As for random-ness, I'm improving the animal movements.

Anyways, thanks for all the feedback!

TheGeekyScientist wrote:
I had the same bug about trading that Sean had... but hey free stuff Razz. I think this game is terrific!!! I'm going to be playing Oregon Trail all night.

Thanks TheGeekyScientist! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it Very Happy! As I said to Sean, the trading bug is fixed!

_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I understand wanting to stay true to the original, so perhaps create a copy where you can take some creative liberties!

I've seen people make spoofs, such as "The Organ Trail" , where you're driving in a car to outrun zombies (Food=Antidote, Town=Safezone, and such). I may try to do this in the future Smile .
Hello!

I've taken all the bug reports into account and have compiled a newer beta version. If anybody else finds any bugs or errors, please let me know. If not, I'll submit it into the archives.

Here's The Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4noIH9Cwy0PWDBrRXlRakhYM0U

Thanks again! Very Happy

-OldNewTimer
One bug I noticed after a few minutes of play, it that when you are hunting get food, continue on the trail, then try to hunt again, the 'food' bar doesn't reset back to 0, it stays at how much food you shot last time you hunted and continues to stack every time you hunt. So right now I have unlimited food! Razz

Another one, I can't seem to find steps to replicate it, but occasionally when you are on the menu 'size up the situation' and I hit [2nd] instead of quitting, it shrunk the game 1/4 of the size, then added a mirrored copy right next to it. You can still operate the game in this view, it's just weird Wink

Overall though, amazing work! looks great!

EDIT: oh shoot! I didn't expect the image to be so large! :O
Small thing: in the installing.txt, you have a dot after tiny.cc:

http://tiny.cc./clibs

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours