yes
 100%  [ 10 ]
no
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

This looks really great!
Keep going it! Very Happy
Yeah!

Keep it going! I can't wait to play this game!
Hello!

Just another quick status update - I've been working on the animation this week with the time I have. I'm going to start on the game mechanics and hopefully on the "hunt for food" part.

Thanks! Very Happy

-OldNewTimer
I definitely like the grass/whatever animation, it looks really cool! Very Happy
Hello Again Very Happy,

As always, I haven't had much time to work on the project due to school, but i am slowly making progress. As soon as it's summer break development will go MUCH faster Very Happy. So far I have a (Sort of) working statistic system (Food, Health, Days Traveled, Etc.) and the "Size up the situation menu". I also created the sprite for the forts along the trail. I'd say the project overall is about 70% complete as far as code.

Here's a GIF:

Thanks for the patience,

-OldNewTimer
How are you implementing saving? have you done that yet?
WOW! This is amazing! Don't give up, you're almost there, and I can't wait to play it (provided I get a CE Razz)
Pieman7373 wrote:

I was thinking that all of the stats (Health, Miles Traveled, Food, Etc.) would be stored to a list. When the "Continue Your Journey" option is selected, the list will be opened and the values will be stored into the corresponding variables. The game would then resume using the values. I haven't tried it yet, so i don't know if it will work. I don't even know if ICE saves lists when it exits.
OldNewTimer wrote:
Pieman7373 wrote:

I was thinking that all of the stats (Health, Miles Traveled, Food, Etc.) would be stored to a list. When the "Continue Your Journey" option is selected, the list will be opened and the values will be stored into the corresponding variables. The game would then resume using the values. I haven't tried it yet, so i don't know if it will work. I don't even know if ICE saves lists when it exits.

It doesnt, but using the SetBASICVar and GetBASICVar functions and a basic sub-program, you can store to and read from a TI-OS list with ease :3

Mind Blown.

I'll make sure to keep that in mind! Thanks Pieman!
OldNewTimer wrote:

Mind Blown.

I'll make sure to keep that in mind! Thanks Pieman!

You're welcome!
Looking good! I see you have updated your todo list; how far away do you think the game is from release?
I LOVE the idea of making this game, Mr. Oxymoron! (No offense) Very Happy

Just wondering, do you think this program will be released by July? Confused
Zixcoder wrote:
I LOVE the idea of making this game, Mr. Oxymoron! (No offense) Very Happy

Just wondering, do you think this program will be released by July? Confused

It really depends on the amount of time I have, which should be much more in a few days. But yes, the outlook is for it to be completed around the end of June or the beginning of July.

Thanks for asking Very Happy

OldNewTimer (No Offense Taken Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )
This is amazing! (Seriously)
Here's a little known knowledge nugget: The Oregon Trail is the longest running video game franchise (40 years, IIRC), even longer than Mario (34 years IIRC)

Could we see some of the source code for what you have so far, I'm sure some of use here could learn something from it!
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
This is amazing! (Seriously)
Here's a little known knowledge nugget: The Oregon Trail is the longest running video game franchise (40 years, IIRC), even longer than Mario (34 years IIRC)

Could we see some of the source code for what you have so far, I'm sure some of use here could learn something from it!

Wow! I never knew!

Anyways, sure! Here's the source code: https://pastebin.com/DDXzz6zj

Thanks!

-OldNewTimer
You have some funky tokens Razz
Also, You can have your sprite data in a separate file, which you compile with CompilePrgm( first thing
OMG that is extremely organized...

I'd be lucky to know if L1 existed, let alone its purpose...

Some bugs I found:
Oreon is not recognized by spell check (line 175)
The word "dysentery" appears exactly zero times.it's also 690 lines long..

Also, are you doing this on-calc (pure insanity/dedication...), or with SourceCoder (also insanity/dedication)?

As I said, it's amazing.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
OMG that is extremely organized...

I'd be lucky to know if L1 existed, let alone its purpose...

Some bugs I found:
Oreon is not recognized by spell check (line 175)
The word "dysentery" appears exactly zero times.it's also 690 lines long..

Also, are you doing this on-calc (pure insanity/dedication...), or with SourceCoder (also insanity/dedication)?

As I said, it's amazing.

Thanks! Very Happy

Actually Neither! Ti-Connect CE Laughing Laughing

Dysentery will be there soon Very Happy

-OldNewTimer
Hello!

School is out for me (besides my final exams... meh Razz ) which means I have 90% more time to work on the Oregon Trail! I've started working on random events, such as dying of dysentery (I gotcha _iPhoenix_ Very Happy ), but I need YOUR input on what else to put in. I don't want to play the original game and look for every minuscule event (That could take awhile), so I guess a little creative freedom can contribute. If you have any suggestions, just put it in the comment section below (Remember to like and subscribe Razz Razz ). Anyways... expect to see the game soon Very Happy .

Hurry now... Vote on your phones! (Or calc.. If yours can Confused ) Razz

-OldNewTimer

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours