Do you think this will be possible?
yes
 100%  [ 10 ]
no
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Hey guys!

I'm happy to announce that The Oregon Trail CE has been accepted into the Cemetech Archives! Thank you all for providing great tips and teaching me how to program in ICE! It has been a fun and educational experience.

Download it Here:
https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1685

Enjoy!
I have a small suggestion:
when you are told that you can hit [Graph] to get 100 of an item, that should add 100 to the number you have already selected (instead of setting that number to 100, even if it was higher)

Anyways, love it so far, good work!!
Found a bug, when your "party gets sick," it says -50 health, but no health is taken away.
Why report that?? It could be a hidden feature!! any more features hidden in the game?
john35588 wrote:
Found a bug, when your "party gets sick," it says -50 health, but no health is taken away.
I too, encounter this bug. I was just about to report it! Razz

SM84CE: Why would this be an Easter egg?
Umm... I never said that!... Just Joking

***SM84CE hides
I'm on it. Thanks for the reports Very Happy !

As for other hidden features, there's much more in store.(That was a hint) Happy Hunting!
I found another bug.

When you press end on the homescreen or 2nd in the on-trail menu, the screen splits into 4, and it doesn't save.
jcgter777 wrote:
I found another bug.

When you press end on the homescreen or 2nd in the on-trail menu, the screen splits into 4, and it doesn't save.

Thanks jcgter, I'll also look into that. Also make sure to run the program by selecting OREGON and not OFILES. Having the incorrect Clibs or a low battery may also affect how the game functions.
I've run both OFILES and OREGON, but they both have that issue...
A bug I found is that when you trade an item for ammunition, it instead increases your spare parts and not your ammunition. Anyways, good work!
A few bugs:
-When I tried to trade ammo for more ammo, it said I didn't have it, but I had like 20 times more.
-When you click 2nd to save, it splits into 2 in the top half, and it "reaches a town". I then have to press enter to continue, enter to pause, and then 2nd to save.
-When you go trade multiple times without doing anything, or "nobody wants to trade", i says you died. Is it because trading decreases your health? The weird thing is that when i exited and came back in, it let me continue at the same amount of health I had before.
So, what program do we open? OFiles or Oregon? It seems to be the same. Perhaps remove one of them to reduce confusion? Wink Also, nice game. It seems to have many updates. When will the next one come out? Very Happy
You should open Oregon. Ofiles is the base assembly program, and Oregon is what runs it. It extracts saves, and stuff IIRC.
That is correct, you need to run Oregon to be able to save. I plan on updating this to ICE 2.0 soon™, which will make is so that only one file is needed on calc. I'm currently vacationing in Orlando for spring break, but I plan to work on it some this week Smile.

Stay Tuned!

EDIT:
The bug reports that Jcgter777 and other users have posted will also be fixed.
OldNewTimer wrote:
That is correct, you need to run Oregon to be able to save. I plan on updating this to ICE 2.0 soon™, which will make is so that only one file is needed on calc. I'm currently vacationing in Orlando for spring break, but I plan to work on it some this week Smile.

Stay Tuned!

EDIT:
The bug reports that Jcgter777 and other users have posted will also be fixed.

Awesome! Also, when you think about it, don't you think the food goes down wayyyy too quickly for a team of 5 people? They must eat a LOT of food for energy. But hey. No one ever said going down the trail was easy. Cool
I noticed that there is no clothing option in the game. Generally, you lose health quicker without enough clothes bought from the shop. Maybe we could get "clothes" in the shop in future updates? Razz
DanielSquad wrote:
I noticed that there is no clothing option in the game. Generally, you lose health quicker without enough clothes bought from the shop. Maybe we could get "clothes" in the shop in future updates? Razz

I'll put that on the to-do list. I completely forgot. Smile

Also...

100th post!
Oregon Trail 2.0 Update Progress:
Make a To-Do List - 100%
Convert "det(" commands to more human-friendly commands -100%
Update Game Mechanics - 100%
Fix Bugs - 100% (As far as I know of)
Update save game method - 100%
Improve "Hunt for food" Game - 100%
Fix Trading - 100%
In the shop, "reccomended" should be recommended with two m's not two c's. Sorry. Just nitpicking. Still, good work! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours