I am aware that the language has support for dealing with the OS's real floating-point numbers, according to the tice.h include file. I have a few questions on how I may work with it.

1. How do I initialize a real_t type to a number, such as 4, 7.93, or 2.7E19?
2. How do I do arithmetic to a real_t type?
3. Is there a way to get a string usable in C with the string representation of a real_t type in it?
JWinslow23 wrote:
I am aware that the language has support for dealing with the OS's real floating-point numbers, according to the tice.h include file. I have a few questions on how I may work with it.

3. Is there a way to get a string usable in C with the string representation of a real_t type in it?

1. These functions (Note that TI reals technically have more precision than C floats, so you may need to do some rounding)

int24_t os_RealToInt24(const real_t *arg);
real_t os_Int24ToReal(int24_t arg);
float os_RealToFloat(const real_t *arg);
real_t os_FloatToReal(float arg);

2. You can either use one of the above functions to convert a real type to a C type, or simply use the functions in tice.h such as os_RealAdd, os_RealDiv, os_RealGcd, etc.

3. Yes, check out the os_RealToStr routine documented in tice.h

In addition, the fileio library provides additional support and examples using these functions (Look at fileio examples 3 and 4)
MateoConLechuga wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:

1. These functions (Note that TI reals technically have more precision than C floats, so you may need to do some rounding)

int24_t os_RealToInt24(const real_t *arg);
real_t os_Int24ToReal(int24_t arg);
float os_RealToFloat(const real_t *arg);
real_t os_FloatToReal(float arg);

2. You can either use one of the above functions to convert a real type to a C type, or simply use the functions in tice.h such as os_RealAdd, os_RealDiv, os_RealGcd, etc.

3. Yes, check out the os_RealToStr routine documented in tice.h

In addition, the fileio library provides additional support and examples using these functions (Look at fileio examples 3 and 4)

I cannot thank you enough! Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours