Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

which feature would you like most?
new keyboard
 0%  [ 0 ]
sound? (their was already a poll on this
 0%  [ 0 ]
have a circuit emulator
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

So I have a couple suggestions for the online emulator
I'll just get right into it
1)Sound
I have heard another thread about what people thought about having sound on the emulator I saw that it had 80% of people had voted to include sound(....yea this is how I'm going to do my post don't know how to do it a different way XD)
2) A new map of the keys ... I personally don't like it and it would be much better if it simulated the same way as the PC emulator
3) A NEW EMULATOR it would be times one cooler if we made an emulator that emulated the actual parts inside the calc.this way we may “hack” it by “modifying” the calc to lets say make it touch screen. I have no knowledge of how any calc works although I have an assortment of languages I have learned are HTML JavaScript java css vbs and English so I might be able to help but.again I know nothing about the calcs

4) having a delete button next to each file on the right side in the tools tab in the space titled:”⇩ Download Programs/Files from Calculator” to delete the file ...because I have no use for the lists (yet)

5)the ability to tell me when there is an error in the calculator.now this might not be for everyone so make an option for vanilla jstifeid. Much better and maybe even have error handling in the emulator so that when you mess something up you can prevent it from clearing ram

6) I would love to have a delete button as I stated before that is actually one of the best suggestions I have.



will be updating as I have more ideas
https://www.cemetech.net/projects/jstified/?sid=23c0308bdd88a1e5799f8cb7020dca74#sax
please leave your recommendation
Seegreatness wrote:
1)sound
i have heard another thread about what people thought about having sound on the emulator i saw that it had 80% of people had voted to include sound( ....yea this is how i'm going to do my post dont know how to do it a different way XD)

Ehm, what do you mean by sound? That is plays a random tone when pressing a specific key or just like the real calculators, that you can do some stuff with the port? The first one is useless and unnecessary. The second one is maybe already implemented, not sure of.
Seegreatness wrote:
2) a new map of the keys ...i personally don't like it and it would be much better if it simulated the same way as the pc emulator

Again, what do you mean? A new interface with all the buttons or the keys on a laptop, such that F12 is [ON] etc? "simulated the same way as the pc emulator" Confused Which pc emulator do you have in mind?
Seegreatness wrote:
3) A NEW EMULATOR it would be 100 times cooler if we made a emulator that emulated the actual parts inside the calc ..this way we may "hack" it by "modifying" the calc to lets say make it touch screen.. i have no knowledge of how any calc works although i have an assortment of programing languages learned like html javascript java css french vbs and english so i might be able to help but..again i know nothig about the calcs

No. Just no. I have experience with building an emulator (jsTified itself) and I can say it's pretty hard to write A NEW EMULATOR. Oh, jsTIfied emulates 'the actual parts inside the calc', because it's basically the same as a calc, but then online. And what about "modifying" the calc? It is a calc..... No calculator has touchscreen, so why would jsTIfied have? And what is the point about making it touchscreen? You want to touch pixels, but you can't do anything with it. I've no idea how to make it 100 times cooler, but I don't think that is even possible. If you have useful suggestions, please post it, and every contributer to jsTIfied is willing to think about it, but I disagree with the statement that jsTified can be 100 times cooler.
I am using the virtual ti written by Rusty Wagner
version 2.5 beta 5
the ultimate ti calculator emulator
Sound thing: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9024

I have only found a little 'bug' if you can call it that.

When testing a programme with errors in it, it won't export, but it doesn't tell you that. Only when you click on Check a notification appears. I think that notification should also pop when testing with errors.
(Spend 10 min trying to figure out what was wrong.. turned off and on internet and the computer.. then i though the servers were bugged, and only the next day i tried the check button.)
Tonimix wrote:
Sound thing: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9024

I have only found a little 'bug' if you can call it that.

When testing a programme with errors in it, it won't export, but it doesn't tell you that. Only when you click on Check a notification appears. I think that notification should also pop when testing with errors.
(Spend 10 min trying to figure out what was wrong.. turned off and on internet and the computer.. then i though the servers were bugged, and only the next day i tried the check button.)

i've noticed that myself
and thx for the link I was trying to find it for PT_
Seegreatness wrote:
I am using the virtual ti written by Rusty Wagner
version 2.5 beta 5
the ultimate ti calculator emulator
Virtual TI was the ultimate TI calculator emulator way back in year 2000. However, it has been obsoleted by TIEmu and PindurTI over a decade ago.

To tell how outdated Virtual TI 2.5 beta 5 is, its TI-83 Plus emulator doesn't even support archive nor Flash apps and any OS past 1.13 will crash. Not only that, but TI-89 emulation is very buggy.
I think it was you who commented on our Facebook page? I'm glad you started a topic cause I wasn't sure how to respond.

seegreatness wrote:
3) A NEW EMULATOR it would be times one cooler if we made a emulator that emulated the actual parts inside the calc ..this way we may "hack" it by "modifying" the calc to lets say make it touch screen.. I have no knowledge of how any calc works although I have an assortment of programing languages learned like html javascript java css french vbs and english so I might be able to help but..again I know nothing about the calcs


On the assumption that the Facebook comments were you: It sounded like you were interested in hardware hacking an emulator, by making mods to it. I agree that it'd be cool to make software mods for an emulator much akin to plug-ins or add-ons but that would require an entire rewrite of jsTIfied. Which ultimately sounds like what you are suggesting. But, to emulate all the actual parts inside the calc is essentially what jsTIfied does.

Adding support for a touch-screen isn't the emulators thing, it's the OS. The TI-OS doesn't even know how to handle more than one point of contact - such as where the cursor in DCS is - so adding something in like pinch-to-zoom would not work. It wouldn't even know how to handle single points of contact. Not even the emulator can help there either. Say there's a button on the screen you need to click with the cursor in DCS. Tapping the screen will do nothing because the emulator can't process that info NOR can it move the cursor to that point in the OS/ROM. I mean, maybe it could with some clever detection and stuff, but...

You say you have no knowledge of how a calc works - side note: how is French and English a programming language? - which is fine. All of us started off knowing nothing about programming at some point. To really get into calculator programming you'll need to learn Assembly, some computer languages like C++, and be able to understand and comprehend the logic that is fundamental in programming. Javascript is a great start, jsTIfied is written in Javascript. We'll all gladly help you learn programming languages but it will take time, commitment, patience and, effort on your part.

I am interested in your poll. Can you elaborate on the circuit emulator?
DJ_O wrote:
Seegreatness wrote:
I am using the virtual ti written by Rusty Wagner
version 2.5 beta 5
the ultimate ti calculator emulator
Virtual TI was the ultimate TI calculator emulator way back in year 2000. However, it has been obsoleted by TIEmu and PindurTI over a decade ago.

To tell how outdated Virtual TI 2.5 beta 5 is, its TI-83 Plus emulator doesn't even support archive nor Flash apps and any OS past 1.13 will crash. Not only that, but TI-89 emulation is very buggy.

I only use it for my ti 83 rom and it seems to do just fine jide it does the exact same thing as jstifeild
Alex wrote:

On the assumption that the Facebook comments were you: It sounded like you were interested in hardware hacking an emulator, by making mods to it. I agree that it'd be cool to make software mods for an emulator much akin to plug-ins or add-ons but that would require an entire rewrite of jsTIfied, Which ultimately sounds like what you are suggesting. But, to emulate all the actual parts inside the calculator is essentially what jsTIfied does.

well I am interested in the rewrite of the emulator, it's going to be worth it though
my plan would not only be to make some browser plugins for Let's say chrome that would interact / modify the emulator, OS and what ever possible. But to also have a circuit GUI and be able to simulate what happens for instance if I put a LED between contact tp9 and tp3 would it light up? How much? What does it do to the operation? How can this be useful? Can I use this to make a hardware modification on my ACTUAL calculator? Will this ruin my calculator?
That's basically what I would like to see, something that is an extremely helpful way to add circuits, chips, and peripherals to the calculator, this way we can see if it will ruin the calculator to determine if we actually want to modify our hundred dollar graphic calculator
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement