13%  [ 2 ]
Dislike
 13%  [ 2 ]
I Hate Paying to Play
 33%  [ 5 ]
Lower the price!
 13%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

This is the greatest achievement yet, in my opinion, for Nintendo. Putting one of their games on iOS devices. We all thought for months how this game could turn out. Playing scenarios in our heads and whatever. It comes out. We buy it, and start playing away. Then here it comes.

WE HAVE TO PAY $10?????!!!!

I understand that Nintendo needs to make money. But why $10? Millions of people will get this game. Is it not enough to just be able to have some side stuff cost money? I mean you could have like 4-5 characters that are extra that cost money, and you still make $10 or more off the average user who pays to play.

But many Mario Fans were disappointed, including myself. I see Mateo creating the Oriam game for the CE on here, and then Nintendo is going to create one for the iOS devices. Of course, as I said, it's dumb to expect it to be completely free. But who's dumb idea was it to rip off the majority of people?

What are your thoughts?
I think it's a new beginning for Nintendo, because I don't think they've ever released a demo for a Mario main series game.
Nintendo has always been expensive. That has never changed. Case in point, Virtual Console for Wii: a lot of those games are still $10 to this day. On top of that, for $50 less than the PS4 you get a console with specs that are greatly inferior.

You're paying for the intellectual property, not the hardware or anything like that. Nintendo can hire experienced Swift developers any day of the week and get people to pony up more money if they don't want to buy one of Nintendo's consoles if they want Mario on their screen. It's a premium brand.
Review:

Graphics: 10/10
Fun: 10/10
Replay value: 20/10
Not leaving out Android users in the cold: -40/10
Total score: 0/40
DJ_O wrote:
Review:

Graphics: 10/10
Fun: 10/10
Replay value: 20/10
Not leaving out Android users in the cold: -40/10
Total score: 0/40

I agree with that. Even though Apple is really widespread and can be said as the "best", Androids and other types were left out. This was not right of them to do.
I know it's silly but I was turned off from this game the moment I heard you had to be online to play. I don't go offline often, especially since it's a phone, but I like being able to play stuff whenever I want. It's a single player game, right? With leaderboards? Why did Nintendo force an always-on approach when it came to this game? Oh right, pirating.

I don't play games a lot. I enjoy my console games and that's about it. I don't really have an opinion on DRM because I don't really encounter it. But, my general opinion is that while DRM is important, it does more harm than good these days. I should be good to go when I provide an ID-Key or effectively purchased the software. None of this guilty-until-proven-innocent level DRM please.

Even before I read that, I wasn't going to download it. I don't have many games on my phone. I think I have 2 games: VVVVVV, Letterpad. I just don't have time for games on my phone. I play probably one of those games a month. That and, like Pokemon, I outgrew Mario. The nostalgia just isn't there for me like it is for a lot of others.
Yeah it's a shame that companies are doing this now. I bet the Nintendo Switch and the next Xbox/Playstation will do exactly that. Many people still don't have Internet at home or can't afford mobile data plans. Also from experience, public wi-fi is often not working/unstable or nonexistent.

At one point, even opening your fridge will require an online connection.
I am amazed by some of the stuff offered for $0.99. Really when you factor in the effort that must have went into an application made for your cell phone in many cases you are getting a good deal. $10 is still a lot less than many gamers will pay for console or PC games. I do not know much about this game but it seems more like a large game than a simple mobile application.
How much do cost New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS? Or an used cartridge of New Super Mario Bros DS?

If it is a content with very nice quality, made by a corporation must make money, there is no problem to pay 10$.

Many people pay 600$-800$ for an i phone, that is in fact an ARM RISC system, but Apple makes it!

It is intellectual property.

Anyway, I really appreciate open source content like Oiram by Mateo or Tetris by Kerm
frankmar98 wrote:
How much do cost New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS? Or an used cartridge of New Super Mario Bros DS?

If it is a content with very nice quality, made by a corporation must make money, there is no problem to pay 10$.

Many people pay 600$-800$ for an i phone, that is in fact an ARM RISC system, but Apple makes it!

It is intellectual property.

Anyway, I really appreciate open source content like Oiram by Mateo or Tetris by Kerm

After almost a month and a half of it being out, I have changed my opinion a bit. I still didn't like paying the $10 for it, but it is a very good game that is actually challenging.
There should be an "I use Android" option.
Mario Run is available on the TI-83 since 2002, sort of. Different game but still a similar concept

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/248/24828.html
have been playing mario run in my phone from apknite the past month i must say it's a solid game and obviously nitendo want to invade the android market. big attempt, but i would love to see it happen. love the game by japanese and nitendo specificly and i must say it will open up more choices and better games for user! so thumb up for nitendo

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours