Hi, Im new to TI-84 and I want to know is there anyway to make the del button do the same thing on how TI-30XS does? Like when you enter a value and you click the del button it automatically deletes backward in TI-30XS while in TI-84 you have to move the cursor on the value you want to delete, is there anyway to change that?
FreezyCold wrote:
Hi, Im new to TI-84 and I want to know is there anyway to make the del button do the same thing on how TI-30XS does? Like when you enter a value and you click the del button it automatically deletes backward in TI-30XS while in TI-84 you have to move the cursor on the value you want to delete, is there anyway to change that?

Short answer: No

Long answer: There is no simple way to do it. There is nothing built into the calculator to make the del key act like it does on some scientific calculators, however it is possible to create a custom input routine which will totally do it for you. However, if you want the same degree of freedom that you have when entering stuff onto the homescreen, then it will be quite a messy and complicated thing to program, but it sure can be done. With ASM, it might actually be easier to implement (some sort of program that intercepts the del key and deletes the last token?) but I can't help you with an ASM solution.

Also, welcome to Cemetech! You should introduce yourself in the appropriate topic!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours