25%  [ 2 ]
Rarely
 0%  [ 0 ]
I've used it some times
 25%  [ 2 ]
I use it often
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

With the 1.12 update of ItemFinder I wanted to get some feedback from the community. I'll also include a small changelog for the notable changes. Bugs, complaints, death threats, and suggestions are all welcome here.

Changelog Since 1.11.2:
  • Typing just '/find' will now look for items matching the exact NBT data of the item you are holding.
  • Items on the floor will now also be found and marked.
  • Extra permissions to specify which locations can be searched by a player.
  • Added compatibility mode: For when the server is running an incorrect version of ItemFinder. Chest coordinates will be shown in chat, as the visual markers will be unavailable.
(On behalf of the administration team, death threats are not welcome and will be forwarded to the proper authorities.) Thanks for the awesome updates, sir! Is this new beyond the version that you put together for us to install on the server a few weeks ago? If not, I definitely look forward to testing this on the Cemetech server and getting our users' feedback.
I would just like to take this opportunity and say that this is an amazing plugin that really helps someone like me who needs to take the time and make a storage system that doesn't consist of 5-10 random chests...
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I would just like to take this opportunity and say that this is an amazing plugin that really helps someone like me who needs to take the time and make a storage system that doesn't consist of 5-10 random chests...

Thanks Very Happy
This is quite similar to what monkey described using it for, every time you /find, you just grab everything of said type from nearby chests and makes you feel like you're being productive sorting your chests Smile (which in the end has probably delayed the construction of our storage room a bit Razz)
Could the color of the visual markers change (I don't know if this is possible) based on what it is in?

I'm currently with a servere lack of time, so I'll format my color suggestions as following, with the first blank being the container, and the second blank being the color (this probably makes no sense)

if it is in a ____, the color is _____:

Hopper; grey
Furnace; Black
Chest/trapped chest; orange
Ground/floor; white
Enderchest (if it is in range); Purple