i can only enter code on my 84+CE manually (have no access to computer or other devices). is the source code for Doors updated for the CE and available for the tedious task of manual entry?
many thanks, JAMR
I'm sorry to say no, but
1) DoorsCE is not ready yet (search for the DoorsCE thread),
2) the source code is not available and
3) the program is WWAAAYYYY too large to type it in in the BASIC program editor, to compile it yourself.
I think you are out of luck now Sad
PT_ wrote:
I'm sorry to say no, but
1) DoorsCE is not ready yet (search for the DoorsCE thread),
2) the source code is not available and
3) the program is WWAAAYYYY too large to type it in in the BASIC program editor, to compile it yourself.
I think you are out of luck now Sad

Well, Kerm might make the source code available (he did for DCS7...) in which case it could be compiled to hex and theoretically entered onto the calculator manually. Of course, it is not released yet, so you're out of luck on that end, and on top of that, the amount of time it would take you to enter it into your calculator would be very substantial (According to Kerm himself, "Launcher code is 473 bytes long / Stub code is 254 bytes long / Shell code is 33014 bytes long", therefore, the total size is 33741 bytes. Since it takes 2 hexadecimal characters to represent 1 byte, you would have to painstakingly type out 67482 characters). At that point, I think you'd better go to a library or a friend's house to use a computer and send it over to your calculator because it is just a waste of time to try and write it all out manually.
On addition to that, if it takes exactly 1 second to enter an hexadecimal, it takes 48000 seconds to complete it. 48000 seconds = 800 minutes = 13 1/3 hour. Goodluck Very Happy
Oh, and if the change is 1% that you will fail typing over an hexadecimal, by misplacing it, or reading it wrong, you have a 100.000000000000000000% you will fail Wink

EDIT: I was wrong. 1 byte means 2 hexadecimals, so double the time you are busy with it... Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours