Hello fellow Cemetechian Minecrafters!
Minecraft Update 1.11, dubbed Exploration Update, is finally released! However, we have not yet updated the server 1.11 so be sure you are still connecting with the 1.10 Profile prior to launching the game. The map will not be reset for this update and, the estimated window for when we will upgrade is unknown as it's wholly dependent on when our plugins have been updated and tested. Expect a post here and in the Cemetech MC IRC channel when we have upgraded. Of course, we'll give a brief notice a few days before so everyone can be prepared!

New features include:
  • The new villager called the Cartographer who trades emeralds for maps. As well as returning villager, the Nitwit
  • A new location called the Woodlands Mansion, which is inhabited by the fierce illagers.
  • A new item called the Totem of Undying, that is achieved after conquering the mansion
  • New animal, the llama!
  • New storage called the shulker box

Is there anything you are looking forward to in the Cemetech MC World under 1.11? Anything you aren't looking forward to? Be sure to let us know below. Additionally, check out this video from youtuber, xisumavoid, where he features 20 secret and lesser known changes in 1.11 - a few I can't wait to try!

Enjoy the new update, everyone! Very Happy
The woodland mansions certainly look super-neat. I think the best way to get them onto the server wouldn't be to expand the world border, as I don't think there's any pressure for people to get more space. Rather, I think the admins should have, as a special event introducing 1.11, an event where an abba world is deliberately selected such that it contains a woodland mansion. After that, hopefully, woodland mansions will generate in the abba world on an irregular basis. However, I'd hope that the staff would keep track of how often they appear, and if it's been too long (maybe a month or two), force one to appear. After all, we wouldn't want to deprive players of the chance to fight an evoker and earn a totem of undying.
DrDnar wrote:
The woodland mansions certainly look super-neat. I think the best way to get them onto the server wouldn't be to expand the world border, as I don't think there's any pressure for people to get more space. Rather, I think the admins should have, as a special event introducing 1.11, an event where an abba world is deliberately selected such that it contains a woodland mansion. After that, hopefully, woodland mansions will generate in the abba world on an irregular basis. However, I'd hope that the staff would keep track of how often they appear, and if it's been too long (maybe a month or two), force one to appear. After all, we wouldn't want to deprive players of the chance to fight an evoker and earn a totem of undying.
Yep, that more or less matches our plan at this point. We'll need to upgrade to a version of TerrainControl's biomes (with Elemental's help, hopefully) that includes the Woodland Mansions, but we definitely hope they'll occasionally show up in the Abba worlds.

Quote:
Also, don't you mean fierce illagers, not villagers?
Selena put illagers, and a certain silly and ~blame-able administrator changed it to "villagers", despite being corrected on Skype. Wink
Alex wrote:
Regarding the Abba worlds, what I - or Kerm - will do is regenerate Abba until we see a mansion within a reasonable distance.
Are you sure /locate doesn't work in the abba worlds? It seems like it'd be a lot easier to /locate a woodland mansion than repeatedly resetting the abba world.
We are currently testing the server with Minecraft 1.11 and updated plugins, after spending a few hours updating plugins and performing testing. Please do your own testing and report any bugs or glitches (exploitable or otherwise). Or whine that the End hasn't been refreshed, your call.
The EggCatcher plugin is broken. Caught eggs cannot be used to spawn mobs. The eggs bare the name "Spawn" instead of "Spawn [mobName]" and appear to have different NBT data. Oddly, they do still stack based on the caught mob, which isn't particularly useful, since you still can't use them to spawn anything.
DrDnar wrote:
The EggCatcher plugin is broken. Caught eggs cannot be used to spawn mobs. The eggs bare the name "Spawn" instead of "Spawn [mobName]" and appear to have different NBT data. Oddly, they do still stack based on the caught mob, which isn't particularly useful, since you still can't use them to spawn anything.

I posted a screenshot of the glitch.
Since the posts were getting off topic, I have split the irrelevant posts off and created a suggestions topic for our 1.9+ server. Please direct suggestions there and keep this topic for issues with plugins and anything else related to the update. Thanks.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours