My problems:
-The rom or jpg thing that I uploaded was from a TI-84 and it displays a TI-82
-The calculator doesn't actually do anything. It recognizes that I am clicking a button, but it doesn't display anything

I am using a laptop if it helps anybody figure this out.
Kydapoot wrote:
My problems:
-The rom or jpg thing that I uploaded was from a TI-84 and it displays a TI-82
-The calculator doesn't actually do anything. It recognizes that I am clicking a button, but it doesn't display anything

I am using a laptop if it helps anybody figure this out.

What method did you use to dump the ROM from your calculator?
I used the programs from rom8x, which created an appvar, which I then moved to my computer and changed its extention to jpg.
Kydapoot wrote:
I used the programs from rom8x, which created an appvar, which I then moved to my computer and changed its extention to jpg.

you need to run the program (I believe it's a batch file) with the correct arguments, and it makes a rom file. Changing the file extension of the app vars will not do anything. Also, changing a .ROM file to .JPG will not work either, since the JPG is actually a valid image, which contains pixels that jsTIfied translates to a .ROM file.

You must download TI-OS 2.55 MP to your computer
Move the downloaded os to the folder that rom8x.exe is in
press Windows Key + R and click browse and double click on rom8x.exe
after the C:\xxxxx\rom8x.exe, type 84PBE -u (filename of the os).8xu
click ok
Kydapoot wrote:

As Comments2010 said, you can't just rename the appvar. You should have sent the two programs that came with rom8x, and run them both. Each program will create an appvar which should be sent to your computer. You will also have to download the TI-84+ OS, which you can get from here. You then want to make sure the OS and appvar files are in the same folder as rom8x, and run

Code:
./rom8x 84PBE -u TI84Plus_OS255.8Xu
if you have a TI-84+ (non SE) or
Code:
./rom8x 84PSE -u TI84Plus_OS255.8Xu
if you have a TI-84+ SE
How do I run that code?
Assuming you have a Windows computer, you'll need to open a command prompt in the folder where rom8x's files are stored. In most recent versions of Windows you can [SHIFT]-right-click on the folder to get an "Open command window here" option.
I have a MacBookAir.
Kydapoot wrote:
I have a MacBookAir.
I don't think you can use rom8x on mac
Sure you can, I just don't provide binaries for it. Easy enough to compile though.
I tried running the code and I got an error saying "-bash: ./rom8x: No such file or directory." The files I have are the 8Xu and both appvars as well as all the rom8x folder. I'm stuck. :/
Be sure you are in the correct folder within Terminal.

You can do that on OS X by opening a Terminal window (or new tab, whatever your preference) typing "cd" and then dragging the folder you want to execute your CLI instructions in and press enter.

You'll know you're in the correct place because this is how you read the terminal:

Code:
comicOSX:~ comic$

comicOSX is the computer name
:~ is the directory I'm in (~ being the root/home/top directory or whatever)
comic$ is the user.

When you press enter after typing "cd" would be something like

Code:
comicOSX:rom8x comic$

Still the same computer and user but the directory has changed.

If you are in the correct directory and you get the same error then someone more knowledgable then I will have to chime in.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours