Hi, This question is probably lazy, I hope it hasn't been addressed, a link would be nice.

So TI-Connect and the gray usb<->2.5mm do not work with TI-85 and TI-82 in windows. Readme's say.

I've found the same gray USB<->2.5mm working fully with an older macOS with my TI-82's and texas instruments software. Works proper like a 83+...

Any ideas as what is the nature of this discrepancy? Why 82/85 serial only, wheras they work with USB in an older MacOS?

Should there not be a patch?
So we can better assist, do you happen to know what versions of macOS and Windows you have used?
Windows 8.1 / 10.

MacOS, I think 10.3 tops, I picked the latest version with native os9 app support.

It has full capability and editing, as does the TI-83+, except it remains TI-82 specific.

The only difference I can imagine is the USB 1.1 speed, or the type of driver?

Can anyone shed light on this?

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/specs/powermac_g4_867_qs.html
TI-Connect isn't designed to be used with the TI-82 or TI-85; TI expects you to use the 16-bit Graph-Link software (82, 85) with a Gray link. Graph-Link does not work on 64-bit operating systems. You can use both calculators with the Gray, Black, or Silver cables with TiLP2.

The TI-82 survived longer than the TI-85, so TI-82 support made it to TI-Connect for MacOS; I have no idea why Windows does not support it.
Ok, I have not tried TiLP2. Yet.

The windows discrepancy must be executable based.

in such a case, following your gist CVSoft, it is possible yet unimplemented.

Stupid thread. All I needed thanks.

I might PM you questions. Quick of course. Your contributions in this forum are admirable.

/delete thread
toaster wrote:
I might PM you questions. Quick of course. Your contributions in this forum are admirable.

/delete thread

Thread won't be deleted because this can easily help someone with a similar problem. As such, we'd prefer it if you to asked those questions publicly in case they too may help people.
Truly, sorry not to have tried open source transfer software, aiming for Arduino or microchip PIC based alternatives.

But using gray cable USB is possible with TI-82. Unsure as always why it only made it in MacOS, perhaps TI-85 also works.

Re-iterating USB 1.1, while I don't see why windows TI releases would not allow...

Just I'm curious while I compile gentoos on 2 boxes, otherwise busy and out of this, I should expect so far past, one grey link 3-rd party software accepting the TI-82 in windows?

Anyone in the know or up for the challenge, would be cool. THX

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours