would anyone know how to assemble the program found here or atleast get it into a state where it can be assembled? I want to see if i can add symbolic antiderivative support to it.
Do you even need to recompile it? I don't own a TI84+SE but I tried it on my TI-84+ and it works just fine. The operating systems of the TI-83+, TI-84+, and TI-84+SE are so close I'm pretty sure it will work without needing to be reassembled.
amihart wrote:
Do you even need to recompile it? I don't own a TI84+SE but I tried it on my TI-84+ and it works just fine. The operating systems of the TI-83+, TI-84+, and TI-84+SE are so close I'm pretty sure it will work without needing to be reassembled.

well i want to try to extend it and as far as i tried i could not get it to compile using brass. I got it pass the first pass after a lot of fixes but it failed with 500 or so errors on the second pass.
The problem is most likely that it's written for ZDS, Zilog's Z80 assembler. You'll have to fix the macro syntax (regex will probably be very useful), fix any references to reusable labels, and fix the source code files so they can be assembled together using #include, because ZDS uses a linker to combine source files, but neither Brass nor Spasm does.

It might easier to just use ZDS, available from Zilog's Website, http://www.zilog.com/index.php?option=com_product&task=iframe. Even if you don't have Windows, it probably runs fine under Wine, as their IDE is, er, built on rather dated Windows 9x conventions. If you go that route, though, you'll also need Wabbitsign or TI's TI-83+ SDK to sign the .hex file. Unfortunately, straightforwardness isn't one of the virtues of TI's SDK. Actually, TI's SDK hasn't got much in the virtues department at all; it's over a decade old.
DrDnar wrote:
The problem is most likely that it's written for ZDS, Zilog's Z80 assembler. You'll have to fix the macro syntax (regex will probably be very useful), fix any references to reusable labels, and fix the source code files so they can be assembled together using #include, because ZDS uses a linker to combine source files, but neither Brass nor Spasm does.

It might easier to just use ZDS, available from Zilog's Website, http://www.zilog.com/index.php?option=com_product&task=iframe. Even if you don't have Windows, it probably runs fine under Wine, as their IDE is, er, built on rather dated Windows 9x conventions. If you go that route, though, you'll also need Wabbitsign or TI's TI-83+ SDK to sign the .hex file. Unfortunately, straightforwardness isn't one of the virtues of TI's SDK. Actually, TI's SDK hasn't got much in the virtues department at all; it's over a decade old.

i think i tried it with the version of the studio that was stored in zws file and it still didnt compile. it kept failing on the BCALL and B_JUMP lines. however on a funny sidenote for being so old its UI is well not terrifyingly bad.
You need the ti83plus.inc file from TI's SDK. The project file may need to be edited to correct references to absolute paths.
DrDnar wrote:
You need the ti83plus.inc file from TI's SDK. The project file may need to be edited to correct references to absolute paths.
can i please have a link to the sdk?
Apparently, TI really, really, really wants people to shell out cash for SmartView, so they removed the SDK from their Website. It's just as well, as the SDK hasn't been updated in well over a decade. Fortunately, the French TI Planet guys have you covered: https://tiplanet.org/modules/archives/download.php?id=466. I also suggest you look at WikiTI, which has more information and corrections to errors in the SDK documentation.

Sadly, these days, TI's management is all hush-hush, super-secret, more-classified-than-Ultra about native programming documentation. They won't even give us a straight answer on why they won't release documentation; they only give transparently disingenuous excuses.

EDIT: "We are not planning on releasing an SDK at this time." is less than a transparently disingenuous excuse.
DrDnar wrote:
Apparently, TI really, really, really wants people to shell out cash for SmartView, so they removed the SDK from their Website. It's just as well, as the SDK hasn't been updated in well over a decade. Fortunately, the French TI Planet guys have you covered: https://tiplanet.org/modules/archives/download.php?id=466. I also suggest you look at WikiTI, which has more information and corrections to errors in the SDK documentation.

Sadly, these days, TI's management is all hush-hush, super-secret, more-classified-than-Ultra about native programming documentation. They won't even give us a straight answer on why they won't release documentation; they only give transparently disingenuous excuses.

EDIT: "We are not planning on releasing an SDK at this time." is less than a transparently disingenuous excuse.

using the include file in the downloaded archive it still has errors

Code:

ti83plus.inc: line 0031: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0034: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0035: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0036: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0037: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0038: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0039: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0040: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0041: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0042: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction
ti83plus.inc: line 0043: ZMA-E0086 Error: Expected a machine, assembler, or macro call instruction

#define bcall(xxxx)     rst 28h         \ .dw xxxx
#define bjump(xxxx)   call 50h \ .dw xxxx
#define   bcallz(xxxx)   jr nz,$+5 \ rst 28h \ .dw xxxx
#define   bcallnz(xxxx)   jr   z,$+5 \ rst 28h \ .dw xxxx
#define   bcallc(xxxx)   jr   nc,$+5 \ rst 28h \ .dw xxxx
#define   bcallnc(xxxx)   jr   c,$+5   \ rst 28h \ .dw xxxx
#define equ .equ
#define EQU .equ
#define errhandon(label) ld hl,label \ call 59h
#define errhandoff() call 5Ch

the above lines corespond to those lines in the ti83plus.inc file
I think I found the file I needed here

Edit: it worked

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours