Map Description: the battleroom from ender's game
Features: simulated null-g using neutral buoyancy, functional gates, extremely low lag, 12 stars positioned throughout the room (4 are in a cluster, the others are near the corners).

sorry the screenshot is crappy, I have drastically improved the lighting since I took it, but I don't have access to a computer with BL at the moment, so I can't take another one.
I've played a preliminary version of this level; it's quite nicely done. I need to learn to use QuArk as well as you can...
KermMartian wrote:
I've played a preliminary version of this level; it's quite nicely done. I need to learn to use QuArk as well as you can...

thank you. Saying "use QuArK as well as you can" isn't saying much though. <_< shhhh.....I just started last week and haven't done much more than a couple of empty cubes...
elfprince13 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

thank you. Saying "use QuArK as well as you can" isn't saying much though. <_< shhhh.....I just started last week and haven't done much more than a couple of empty cubes...

Shhhhhhhhhhhh better keep that quiet, don't want Kerm to take back his statement Evil or Very Mad .
Heh, the only thing I've managed to make is some rough train tracks. Sad That was last summer, and I haven't worked on it since. Dudes, I so need like 3x more hours per day.
KermMartian wrote:
Heh, the only thing I've managed to make is some rough train tracks. Sad That was last summer, and I haven't worked on it since. Dudes, I so need like 3x more hours per day.

wait, can QuArK make .dts files too? or are you doing them as interiors?
No, difs. DTS turns out to be fairly laggy for repetitive stuff like tracks due to the way collisions are handled by the engine.
me wrote:
or are you doing them as interiors?

KermMartian wrote:
No, difs.

difs = interiors.
5, why do people insist on trying to think I'm dumb?!

elfprince13 wrote:
wait, can QuArK make .dts files too?

Kerm wrote:
No, difs.

I think I know what interiors are... Sad
lol, nobody thinks you're dumb Kerm, but it didn't quite make sense as a reply to the first part of my post, and it was even wierder in reply to the second.
0x5, no offense taken, I was confused too. Ah, ok. I should have made it clearer which part of what you were saying I was referring to.
Regardless of your professed lack of QuArk skillz, I think you did a pretty nice job on texturing those stars.
0x5. thanks. that was a photo of concrete I found on Google Image search and GIMPed..
Speaking of GIMPing textures for Blockland, I never was able to find/make/find+edit a good lava texture for Atlantis. :/
want me to see if I can find/make one for you?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours