Would this be cool?
YES! You should create a program for it.
 75%  [ 3 ]
Yes
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (explain in post)
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

I've been thinking about creating a group startup. What I mean by that is managing the startup options on my computer so that if I do some quick key press's and folders and programs would open up and be ready right there for me on the screen. Does anyone know how to do such a thing, or where I could learn this type of stuff?
I have an ASUS Computer with Windows 10, Google Chrome if that matters, and an AMD Processor.
You could add keyboard shortcuts to programs in the properties:
Just select "None" and type in your keyboard shortcut.

You can also put shortcuts of your programs in the Startup folder. Open run ("Windows+R") and paste this:
Code:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

This will launch all programs in that folder no matter who is using the computer. If you just want it to be user specific, log into that user and open run, and paste this to get to the user-specific folder:

Code:
%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

For folders, I'm not sure, a google search might help... Wink
Unicorn wrote:

You can also put shortcuts of your programs in the Startup folder. Open run ("Windows+R") and paste this:
Code:

This will launch all programs in that folder no matter who is using the computer. If you just want it to be user specific, log into that user and open run, and paste this to get to the user-specific folder:

Code:

I get what you're saying, however my computer does not contain a file called ProgramData.
seanlego23 wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Code:

Code:

I get what you're saying, however my computer does not contain a file called ProgramData.

Try

Code:
C:\Users\[username] \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
this should work. Make sure to replace [username] with the name of the user.
FurmanTL wrote:
Try
Code:
C:\Users\[username] \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
this should work. Make sure to replace [username] with the name of the user.

Thanks. Would you happen to know how to have Startup open the files in it with a key combination instead of automatically?
seanlego23 wrote:

Thanks. Would you happen to know how to have Startup open the files in it with a key combination instead of automatically?

Yeah, just press those keys. For example, lets say I want google chrome to open. First, right click the icon and open properties. Then click on shortcut, and press the keys you want to open it. Make all programs you want to open be controlled by that same string of keys, and voila.
FurmanTL wrote:
seanlego23 wrote:

Yeah, just press those keys. For example, lets say I want google chrome to open. First, right click the icon and open properties. Then click on shortcut, and press the keys you want to open it. Make all programs you want to open be controlled by that same string of keys, and voila.

That makes so much sense thank you!
seanlego23 wrote:
FurmanTL wrote:
seanlego23 wrote:

That makes so much sense thank you!

No problem!
1 problem that I can see with this is if you have multiple program opening up at the same time, you computer could either lag or crash.

Just something to keep in mind.
I decided that I could just take the time to open them up myself. One day, when I have the extreme advanced knowledge of Computer Hardware and Coding, I'm going to make my own computer from literal scratch. But that's years in the future, so we won't talk about that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours