Hello,

for a new project (take two of the Super Calculator with built-in Raspberry Pi) I really need a graphic calculator. If anybody has one (preferably dead) and would give it away for very cheap or even free (I would always pay the cheapest shipping option), I would be really happy.
Preferably from the EU but America / GB would work too.

The model does not really matter, but it should be a graphing calculator which is as thick as possible.
Best would be an 84+ but I take anything Wink
If you hop onto Ebay, I'm pretty sure that you can find a very cheap calculator, or maybe even a free one. Kerm acquired most of his collection of Ebay, buying and fixing calculators.

I found this.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Auction=1&_nkw=ti84&_dcat=11711&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=0&_udhi=1

This is a link for calculators under a dollar. They are up for bid, so I would just put in for 5 cents more. In most cases, you will get them. Shipping shouldn't be to much, like 5 dollars.
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Auction=1&_nkw=ti84&_dcat=11711&rt=nc&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=0&_udhi=1

This is a link for calculators under a dollar. They are up for bid, so I would just put in for 5 cents more. In most cases, you will get them. Shipping shouldn't be to much, like 5 dollars.
Utterly inaccurate. They sell for tens of dollars even if they start at $1. You do occasionally get lucky, but it's rare. As with any auction on eBay, saving your bids until the last few seconds is likely to yield the lowest price, but you're also less likely to win.
Caleb_J wrote:
If you hop onto Ebay, I'm pretty sure that you can find a very cheap calculator, or maybe even a free one. Kerm acquired most of his collection of Ebay, buying and fixing calculators.

I found this.

Thanks, but:
Quote:
Product is a case only. Calculator NOT included.

Also it's like 45€ which is a little on the high side.

KermMartian wrote:
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

Utterly inaccurate. They sell for tens of dollars even if they start at $1. You do occasionally get lucky, but it's rare. As with any auction on eBay, saving your bids until the last few seconds is likely to yield the lowest price, but you're also less likely to win.

I really tried. Kerm is right. Most of them I bid on sold for 30+ euros. And in Germany getting broken ones is almost impossible Sad
Even they cost a lot Sad
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

Ok, I've done some deeper research, and you are right Surprised I am so sorry. But it does happen, just not with as much regularity than I thought. I would just keep trying, and eventually, you might get lucky.

Another thing you possibly could do is contact local high schools, and see if they have any broken or useless calculators that they're about to get rid of. I'm not sure how that would be for you though.
I have one I can send you for free. I bought a few of them on eBay when I was contemplating starting a business repairing them but I came to realize what Kerm told me was true, the margins are too small.
TIshane wrote:
I have one I can send you for free. I bought a few of them on eBay when I was contemplating starting a business repairing them but I came to realize what Kerm told me was true, the margins are too small.

That would be incredibly awesome Very Happy
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
Another thing you possibly could do is contact local high schools, and see if they have any broken or useless calculators that they're about to get rid of. I'm not sure how that would be for you though.

Some school districts put old, discontinued equipment up for auction. If you get lucky, you could find what you are looking for.
oldmud0 wrote:
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

Some school districts put old, discontinued equipment up for auction. If you get lucky, you could find what you are looking for.
That sounds really good to find out about; do you have any idea where to start looking for such things?
KermMartian wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

That sounds really good to find out about; do you have any idea where to start looking for such things?

I left the last school in my town that still might have some two years ago and my brother doesn't want to ask for me (as he is still a student there). They will be or have gotten rid of all their calculators as Germany kills them off. I am sure if he would ask he could score one, but I was not able to convince him. In the past, as a student there I repaired the old calculators and was allowed to take the full bricks or ones with a broken screen. I used them for my project back then, but that is now not an option anymore Sad
KermMartian wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

My school district uses GovDeals for their auctions. It's a national service, so do make sure you filter to your vicinity. I looked up 'calculator' and there doesn't seem to be anything, sadly. Sad (A lot of Macbooks are going up for sale though.)
oldmud0 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
oldmud0 wrote:
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

My school district uses GovDeals for their auctions. It's a national service, so do make sure you filter to your vicinity. I looked up 'calculator' and there doesn't seem to be anything, sadly. Sad (A lot of Macbooks are going up for sale though.)

Thanks a lot, but I won't be able to do any business outside of Germany Sad
If not too late....

Got atwo or three spare TI-82.

Bad screen connection. Pads are good.

From QC, send me a PM or something.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours