calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
Is there any way to get better color conversion with convpng? If so, what would I have to change in my code?

What do you mean? ConvPNG will give you the best color conversion possible. Are you using the xlibc palette or something?
Yeah, I'm using the xlibc palette. Is there like different palettes?
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
Yeah, I'm using the xlibc palette. Is there like different palettes?

Yeah ConvPNG is able to look at all your images and determine the best palette to create from them. Simply remove the #Palette : xlibc line in convpng.

Then you can add the function gfx_SetPalette (documentation) to set your palette after you call gfx_Begin.

For example, if the name of your group in convpng is all_gfx:

Code:
gfx_SetPalette(all_gfx_pal, sizeof all_gfx_pal, 0);

would set up the palette correctly.

Also note this is directly in graphx demo 2; available here:
https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/blob/master/CEdev/examples/library_examples/graphics/demo_2/src/main.c#L32
Is there a way to store sprites in appvars in C? Or would I have to use ez80?
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
Is there a way to store sprites in appvars in C? Or would I have to use ez80?

Bit late, but here's an example: https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolchain/tree/master/examples/gfx_sprites_appvar

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours