I just bought this TI 84 plus CE graphing calculator for Algebra 2 and it kind of glitched out on me. I was resetting the RAM(which is really normal) and instead of showing up a message that said RAM cleared, Done, the screen went blank and I couldn't do anything including turning it off. So, I used a paper clip to click the reset button and I tried removing the battery and putting it back in, but the only thing it did was turn off my calculator. When I turn it on it goes to a blank white screen and I can't do anything and the cursor doesn't show up. Then the bottom of the screen glitches out, but the glitchy thing slowly disappears and the screen goes blank white again and none of the buttons work.
Try the following:

MateoConLechuga wrote:
Luckily the boot code will save you. Press and hold the [2nd]+[del] buttons and then press the reset button in the back. Hope this helps Smile
Thank You. Where can I download the latest OS?
https://education.ti.com/en/us/software/search/ti-84-plus-ce#view=handheld-operating-system

Smile

Hopefully this gets your CE back to functional status!
My TI Connect CE software isn't showing that my calculator is connected. Whenever I connect it, my computer says USB Device Not Recognized.
RayedHamid wrote:
My TI Connect CE software isn't showing that my calculator is connected. Whenever I connect it, my computer says USB Device Not Recognized.
Did you plug it in after doing the [2nd]+[DEL]+[ON]+Reset trick?
Now the blank white screen is flashing. This is after I clicked 2nd and del and reset. What should I do?
I fixed it. I just had to click 2nd del and reset again and it brought up the OS thing. I cleared my calculator. The computer was just searching for a device driver for my ti calculator and it popped up saying device driver successfully installed after a while. Then I could see my calculator on the TI Connect CE program. Then I just reinstalled the OS. Thank You so much for your help, I couldn't have fixed my calculator without you guys. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Smile Smile Very Happy Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours