KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj: I'm saying that if you have, for example, a MySQL insertion vulnerability, it could theoretically be used for something like a stack overflow attack, couldn't it?

Not really, as the data is handled at a much higher level. There is a reason the only programs to suffer from buffer (stack) overflows are C programs Wink Now, if there is a flaw in MySQL that can be triggered externally, then it could theoretically be possible - depending, of course, on the flaw Smile
And there are indeed such flaws in MySQL, imho. Think of this - there are certain types of SQL tables (heap?) that are stored in RAM, not on the HD. These could theoretically be inserted to until your memory is filled and your computer slows down with massive amounts of swapping
KermMartian wrote:
And there are indeed such flaws in MySQL, imho. Think of this - there are certain types of SQL tables (heap?) that are stored in RAM, not on the HD. These could theoretically be inserted to until your memory is filled and your computer slows down with massive amounts of swapping

The OS would return an insufficient memory error to the malloc() call before that happens, or it should anyway Wink
this is not really about php but an html question. i am using a table to output the links on the top of my site and the text is to small and i was wondering how i could change the size of the links text.
Uh, <font size="#">Text</font> usually works.

If you want some easy, basic html stuff, check the source on my page, http://tifreakware.calcgames.org
That's unideal though. Since <font> is a deprecated tag, it's better to use CSS. In your stylesheet, add:

.smallfont { font-size: 0.75em; }
.regfont { font-size: 1.00em; }
.bigfont { font-size: 1.25em;}
.hugefont {font-size: 1.67em; }

Then in your html, just use:

<span class="bigfont">Here's some big text!</span><br />
<span class="smallfont">But this is tiny.</span>
well, you know more about that than I do. I only know some of the basic stuff of html.
still didnt work. i put it before the table tag. is that why or do i have to do it individually for each link.

Code:
.table{
    font-size: 14px;
}
i got it to work. i forgot to add something in the css with kerms way.
pyro_xp2k wrote:

Code:
.table{
    font-size: 14px;
}
It's generally better to use relative fonts in a case like this, especially if the site is being viewed on a nonstandard display such as a PDA (320x240) or a huge display (1600x1200). It's better to have it scale as a percentage of the base font size.
is there any real difference between the echo(); and print(); commands
I don't really use print, and I don't know anyone who does. print_r is sometimes useful.
No real difference. echo 'stuff'; has been shown to be the fastest of the various types of echo and print, though.
alright thanks. i didnt think their was much but just wanted to check
Here's a good explanation of why echo is slightly faster:
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/1/fid/40
in php are variables global and if i make a connection to mysql or start a session do i have to start one on each seperate page or only on one page.
Variables carry the same scope as with C and C++. Variables are local within functions, but you can globalize with the command: global $variable in any function.
lafferjm wrote:
if i make a connection to mysql or start a session do i have to start one on each seperate page or only on one page.

Uh... PHP isn't persistant, meaning as far as it knows, ever page/connection/user is a completely seperate entity. You cannot 'share' variables or information over seperate pages. Once the current PHP script stops executing (as in the user has finished loading the page), everything is forgotten
true, you have to either store vars in a session/cookie, get/post var, a text file, or a database.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours