i wanted to try and start learning php and because of that i was wondering what kind of stuff do i need to download so that i can do that.
phpdev is a wonderful little package.
alright i will take a look at that after i get a little experience with html.
Nothing at all. The only thing you need is a webhost and notepad. But please, please master simpler languages first.
that is what i am doing because i was looking at a tutorial and it said it was recommended to learn html and xhtml first so that is what i am going to do.
Get proficient with HMTL, XML, and even Javascript, then attempt PHP.
I'm not sure what you're talking about... PHP is a very easy (relatively speaking) programming language to master. Now if he wanted to learn Perl - then I'd recommend starting with PHP. But if you're halfway intelligent, PHP should be a piece of cake. Smile
He doesn't know any C variant, HTML, XML, Javascript, or ASM. He's learning BASIC and starting out with ASM...
elfprince13 wrote:
phpdev is a wonderful little package.

Actually try xampp. You will have to google it, as I don't remember the link, but phpdev didn't work for my system, and I still haven't been able to get rid of all the files associated with it...
jEdit has a plugin that checks for syntax errors and I think it may even have a PHP project manager, but I can't remember 100%.
KermMartian wrote:
He doesn't know any C variant, HTML, XML, Javascript, or ASM. He's learning BASIC and starting out with ASM...

I am no longer learning basic because i am skilled enough at it. and i do know python.

EDIT: but i will still learn html and javascript first
lafferjm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I am no longer learning basic because i am skilled enough at it. and i do know python. but i will still learn those things in that order.
Oh, ok. I forgot about Python. Smile
xampp is good if you don't have access to a server, or if you don't like to have to upload to see your changes.
lafferjm wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I am no longer learning basic because i am skilled enough at it. and i do know python.

EDIT: but i will still learn html and javascript first

Im sorry, I just cant keep quiet on this one... How long have you been programming BASIC?? I have been programming since around 97, and I am still tryin to get to Kerm's level of BASIC programming. Probably will never happen, cause he is way smarter than I am, but hey, it is a goal that I am working on. So to say that you are skilled enough, is something that will get you burned, by jpez and kllrnohj at the very least, maybe others will say something about it as well...
very good point, you can never say that you will stop learning. I bet you that Kevin_O and Kerm learn a little more on BASIC every so often also,
Let's see, I started in... 1996 with BASIC, 1998 with TI-BASIC. BTW, does anyone know when Kevin started? I've always wondered.
rivereye wrote:
very good point, you can never say that you will stop learning. I bet you that Kevin_O and Kerm learn a little more on BASIC every so often also,

lol, you might laugh at this, but with a couple of the tutorials in the BASIC section, I think I have taught Kerm a couple things. Wink

Edit:

Kevin said he started July 4th, 2001.
Heh, we both beat him then. Smile Yup, Dan has taught me a number of things. I never claimed to be omniscient.
KermMartian wrote:
I never claimed to be omniscient.
Except when your rank read "Omniscient Guru" Rolling Eyes
Oh, well, I guess I do claim to be omniscient then Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours