The number of bacteria in a quart of soil from your backyard garden is 30 times greater than the population of the world. Laughing
Holding uranium-238 with your bare hands is actually perfectly safe as long as you wash them later. The chemical residence is more dangerous than the radiation being emitted.
However, Plutonium-238 is so radioactive, it gets glowing red hot just from its own radiation. The immense heat and the half-life of more than 87 years are the main reasons, why this is one of the most common isotopes used in RTGs.
More Monopoly money is printed each year than real money in the entire world. Source
Going to the nearest star from our own would be about the same distance as literally going to the moon and back 51.9 million times Shock
Hugging trees is forbidden in China.
In Arizona, donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
A blue whale's tongue weighs as much as elephant.
Comic books depicting crime are illegal in Canada.
If you start with a 2 x 1/2 rectangle, and repeat the process of appending a rectangle with area 1 to the right and top, the ratio of the sides will approach tau.
15,000 votes went to Harambe, the dead gorilla, this past election.

mr womp womp wrote:
Going to the nearest star from our own would be about the same distance as literally going to the moon and back 51.9 million times Shock

You're talking about the Sun, right?
Caleb_J wrote:
15,000 votes went to Harambe, the dead gorilla, this past election.

mr womp womp wrote:

You're talking about the Sun, right?

No, the sun would be our own, I was talking about Proxima Centauri. Our sun would be about 194.8 times to the moon and back... Still a mind boggling distance though.
During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools. Cool
Battlesquid wrote:
During your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two swimming pools. Cool

Thats it? I would imagine it would be more.
This is my 100th post, so I'm going to fill it with a bunch of facts Razz
(fully 80% of these are from uselessfacts.net)
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia is the fear of long words.
Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.
Disney World has the rights (technically) to build a nuclear reactor.
All numbers from zero through nine hundred ninety-nine does not have the letter "a" in it.
A day (rotation) on Venus is longer than a year (revolution) on Venus.
Scotland's national animal is the unicorn. (I couldn't have made this up if I tried)

There's more, but there's no reason to post 'em all.
DJ_O wrote:

So if I made a comic book about this law, it would be banned?
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
DJ_O wrote:

So if I made a comic book about this law, it would be banned?

Possibly. They might let it slide because it depicts a law, but they might not because it depicts crime. Or maybe it'll make some poor politician's head explode. Just Joking
Apparently, the penalty for jumping off a building in New York is death.
The surface area of Russia is greater than that of Pluto.
If our sun was the size of a white blood cell, the milky way galaxy would be the size of the United States.
There are more fake flamingos in the world than real ones.
source:
http://www.lifebuzz.com/crazy-facts/7/
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Banging your head against a wall burns 150 calories an hour.

So that's why I burn so many calories every day.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours