Would you like to see the original DOOM on the CE?
Yes
 94%  [ 86 ]
No
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 91

Its been a long time since I've done anything with this. This topic reminded me about the project
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13566&highlight=&sid=66aaa38f0add0b57de5b7dcce6bcc6de
And I'm going to try to work on it some more. Have you guys done any work on it recently?
Has the game been made? How does the port that was linked work?
He'll finish een he finishes. He'll release a beta when he feels like it. Same with DoorsCE, AoCE, FruitNinjaCE or whatever else there is. Just chill out and wait.

Though, this is quite old, and there hasn't been much progress, so... yeah. If it will ever be released, it'll happen sometime.Just wait.
I'm chill, but it has been two years since the start of all this.
What's with all these new users and necroposting?
Probably because school is still starting up in a lot of states and therefor lots of people are getting new calculators that they want to put programs on. This is obviously apparent when you look at statistics like calculator videos. Take a look at my channel view statistics for instance.

See that huge spike at the end? That's just from the day after schools started up. The my channel views have raised significantly during the last few months. I'm sure other calculator channels and forums are experiencing similar view spikes.

Back to the necroposting, when no one has finished a port of a popular game to the CE, they want to know why. So regardless of the projects last post date, they post anyways. I cant say I blame them, we don't really have any obvious rules about necroposting untill after they post and there aren't any safeguards against it.

To keep this post relatively on-topic, I'd love to see this project completed. Good luck.
how's the project doing?
Not very well.
So this thread has been going on since 2016, and there is still no doom game for the CE. What is the main problem? If the game is originally in C, then wouldn't it take less than two years to make it compatible with the CE?
dunlavdy wrote:
So this thread has been going on since 2016, and there is still no doom game for the CE. What is the main problem? If the game is originally in C, then wouldn't it take less than two years to make it compatible with the CE?

If you read the whole thread, you would know the answer Rolling Eyes
dunlavdy wrote:
So this thread has been going on since 2016, and there is still no doom game for the CE. What is the main problem?

People that code a guessing game in basic think they can port a complex program consisting of thousands of lines of C to a calculator.
Pieman7373 wrote:
dunlavdy wrote:

If you read the whole thread, you would know the answer Rolling Eyes

I have read the entire thread two times, and the person with the idea said that he would do it. According to MateoConLechuga, people with the ability to program a guessing game in basic think they can accomplish a project as large as this one. I agree because he kept saying he would do it but never ended up doing it.
dunlavdy wrote:
I have read the entire thread two times, and the person with the idea said that he would do it. According to MateoConLechuga, people with the ability to program a guessing game in basic think they can accomplish a project as large as this one. I agree because he kept saying he would do it but never ended up doing it.

You can find a different demo version available here: https://github.com/andymwat/TI-84-CE-DooM
The screenshot for that project looks interesting, when you consider the walls at arbitrary angles to each other, which is more reflective of DOOM.

I would keep any CE project as a traditional raycaster for now however.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours