What arbitrary choice makes you better than your peers?
Team Valor
 40%  [ 16 ]
Team Instinct
 30%  [ 12 ]
Team Mystic
 30%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 40

I just caught a at the most unlikely location possible (my work place)
I caught my first Raikou at a raid today! I was rather concerned that it was going to be a tough one at first, because I kept ending up in lobbies with 2 or 4 or 6 people, but after a few lobbies I managed to fall into a group of 16, we beat it in 40 seconds, and I caught it with the first throw that hit, an Excellent curveball with a Golden Razz. Since I finally managed to use my Twitter-to-SMS script to find myself an Unown (I really need to post a topic about that), I'm at 238/243 now.
Heh, I wrote a discord bot that probably does the same thing as your Twitter bot. It scans UnownBot and checks the distance to each Pokemon from my location. It has not detected a single Pokemon as live in a small town that is probably not scanned. It does work when I increase the range, though.
commandblockguy wrote:
Heh, I wrote a discord bot that probably does the same thing as your Twitter bot. It scans UnownBot and checks the distance to each Pokemon from my location. It has not detected a single Pokemon as live in a small town that is probably not scanned. It does work when I increase the range, though.
Pretty close. It uses the Twitter API to fetch the results of https://twitter.com/search?q=unown%20from%3Anycpokemap&src=typd&lang=en, and then texts me a truncated version of any fetched tweet. I thought about narrowing it down by distance, but in the end I decided to not bother.
Since it's the beginning of the month, thought I'd post an update as well. Very Happy

Today, I snagged 3 Raikous, after yesterday of getting 0/4 on catching them. Beating them has been easy, we did it with 5 people yesterday. Golems with mud slap and Earthquake deal a lot of damage to them.

As it stands, I'm sitting at 237/242, since Unown has continued to elude me.

My final counts on legendary birds:

Articuno: 7/18
Zapdos: 11/20
Moltres: 10/23
Lugia: 6/19

And now Raikou currently sits at 3/7

Got my Pikachu medal way up, sitting at 263 of 300. Park across the street has been a nest for the last week and it's been glorious! Very Happy Haven't caught any shiny Pikachus yet, but I have hatched a shiny Pichu. Didn't realize it for 2 weeks, too.

Also, if you haven't, do NOT update to the latest version of Pokemon Go. It's broken, badly.
By broken, do you mean that it stutters a lot (especially when there are many pokéstops and gyms nearby) and that it crashes half of the time within the first 5 seconds after the game finished loading if you do anything on your phone screen within that time frame?
Pokemon don't show up properly in pokedex or your pokemon storage, the game tends to freeze up when trying to take on a gym, half the time the gyms and stops don't even load up on the map, just walking the game thinks you're going too fast, stuff like that.
Wow, it's been quite some time since anyone has posted in here. I'm curious if anyone here is still playing at all?

I'm still at it, finally got my main account up to level 39, almost 1/5th of the way to level 40. And yes, I did say main. I have an alt account I play with as well, on a second phone I tether to my main. We started seeing a steep drop off of people playing the game in our area, and we still wanted to be able to do the raids, so a few of us in our group got a second account going (I had had one because I was bored, but it was only level 12 when I started it back up again 2 weeks ago, it's now at level 2Cool. I'll be focusing on my main account for now, unless someone wants more info on the alt.

Anyways, on to the fun bits of information, since that's what we are all here for. Statistics! Very Happy

As of right now, I've managed to complete all of Gen 1 and Gen 2's pokedex except for unreleased regionals I can't get in Indiana. Gen 3 is lacking in a LOT of pokemon, mostly because I've changed how I play the game, slightly. I'm only going to bother evolving pokemon that I get that are of 96% IV or greater (Always striving for 100%, though!).

Current 100% pokemon I have:

Kingler, Electrode, Tauros, Eevee, Eevee, Megamium, Noctowl, Ampharos, Murkrow, Houndour, Tyranitar, Tyranitar, Ho Oh, Whiscash, Walrein, Salemance.

Current shiny pokemon I've gotten so far:

Surf Pikachux4, Pikachu, Raichu, Pichu, Magikarp, Duskull, and Snorunt.

Of the released legendaries I have captured/battled so far:

Articuno: 7/18
Zapdos: 11/20
Moltres: 10/23
MewTwo: 2/3
Raikou: 10/27
Entei: 5/12
Suicune: 5/12
Lugia: 6/19
Ho Oh: 13/19
Kyogre: 16/33
Groudon: 9/18
Rayquaza: 19/28

As it stands right now, the only type medals I'm still working towards is the steel and dragon type medals. The dragon medal may end up being completed this Saturday, since we are having the Dratini community day event from 2pm to 5pm EST.

I have finally caught an unown, letter K! Only 27 more of those things to go :p

Overall pokedex completed progress is 337 caught, 363 seen, out of a total 384 pokemon, some of which have not been released.

Can't really think of anything else, if you have any questions in regards to progress, let me know, and I'll be happy to answer!

Looking forward to maybe bringing a little life back to this thread :p
I'm still playing, mostly because Elfprince13 is an evil man who makes me want to stay competitive with him. Congratulations on all your progress! I can't believe how many Legendaries you have managed to battle; I struggled to get enough battles for a single Rayquaza and Kyogre. My 'dex is currently at 329/354, and I'm 1.68M/2.5M through level 37.

tifreak8x wrote:
I have an alt account I play with as well, on a second phone I tether to my main. We started seeing a steep drop off of people playing the game in our area, and we still wanted to be able to do the raids, so a few of us in our group got a second account going[...]
As you know, I'm not thrilled about this, mostly because of my experiences with abusive players with multiple accounts here in the City, hogging gym spots, abusing raids and preventing people like me from getting MewTwo passes, etc. I understand that the dynamic is a lot different in a rural environment.

By the way, if you plural are planning to try to get lots of Dratinis today, https://i.imgur.com/O4PT0iD.png seems like an excellent guide to keep in your mind.
I still play!
I have two accounts, I forgot the login info of one of them and later I remembered it. I have the same problem in a rural community with few players year round. In general I only use my second account when we just need a little extra umph in a raid.

I am level 34, Instinct. I currently have four Pokemon with perfect IVs: Fearow, Charizard, Gengar, Raiku.

I never did catch a Moltres, and that is the only one I am lacking from gen 1 that I can get.
I have all the gen 2 that aren't region exclusive.
I've caught 327/386 Pokemon in total.

My wife plays, too, and is at level 32 or maybe 33 already. She was really close last I checked.

I don't play super hardcore, but I'm one of the highest level players in my area! I think there are only like 7 players at a higher level. We don't have many instinct players (seven, I believe) either, so it's tough to catch raid Pokemon-- we don't usually get as many Pokéballs at the end Sad
With trading and whatnot now implemented, my trainer code is 3705 5225 2652 !
Add me! KermMartian / 1315 2244 4479.
Add this one 8129 8480 0574
amazonka wrote:
Add this one 8129 8480 0574
What's your username? Are you Dangerous?
I'm so happy how many Valorous players we have. With the current Special Research, I need more friends. What is your code? Or add me: KermMartian / 1315 2244 4479.
How's everyone's Gen 4 doing? I'm missing:

New: 433 Chingling, 446 Munchlax, 456 Finneon, 457 Lumineon, 458 Mantyke, 419 Floatzel, Luxio and Luxray, Pachirisu, Chatot, Riolu, Lucario, Carnivine.

Evos: 467 Magmortar, 429 Mismagius, 472 Gliscor, 474 Porygon-Z, 477 Dusknoir.

Also, add me!
I don't play much anymore Sad One of the local campuses (a good chunk of the local area) was erroneously marked so that no more Pokemon spawn. I basically just play when we go to other towns/cities, now. I did get a shiny totodile though!
<rant>I'm on the fence about the post-level-40 meta wherein the main game goal is to get shinies. There's very little interest to the game other than to walk/ride/sit and mindlessly click Pokemon hoping to get a shiny, which is then useful for bragging rights and pretty much nothing else. I'm sure some of my bitterness comes from the fact that with 515 seen, I got not a single shiny Buneary during the Easter event. On the other hand, the RNG favored me with 2/7 shiny Latios during the recent week. How do you people feel?</rant>
I'm personally bored of the lack of strategy. The only part that is close to not being mindless is battles, to the extent of choosing based on weaknesses, but even that doesn't matter since battling amounts to "tap really quickly" because dodging isn't really worth it.
Wait, you're saying the Max. Level is Level 40, even after 3 years? (I mean, I'm not complaining, my main is still Level 38. Sad)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours